Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reading BIG Books!

I have always enjoyed reading since I was a child.  I love children's literature!  I couldn't wait to have children to hopefully share this love with and pass along all of my favorite childhood books.  I think it is time to drag those out of storage (my husband will be very happy about this) because Evan asked this week if we could start reading a longer book.  Hooray for me!  In the meantime, I had my copy of the complete Chronicles of Narnia handy, and we are almost through the first book, "The Magician's Nephew."  I love these books and knew he would appreciate the magic and adventure on every page.  He can't wait for me to get home every night so we can read some more and also is extremely impatient for Brody to go to sleep because it is hard to read a "paper" book when a little toddler is trying to grab the pages.  I read all of these books as a child and re-read them again when the new movies came out.  Evan has seen all of the new movies ("The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe"; "Prince Caspian"; and "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader").  I hope they make "The Magician's Nephew" into a movie because I think it would be a good one.  I also love that these books are similar to the biblical stories from the creation of the world to the return of the Creator ("The Lord of the Rings" follows a similar pattern as well).

I am really amazed that Evan is listening and retaining the details of the story.  Every night, I ask him where we left off, and he remembers!  He is so smart!  Although I know he will soon be able to read on his own, I hope he still wants me to read to him!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails