Monday, January 21, 2019

Introducing...


Magnolia Claire "Maggie"
Born:  Monday, January 14, 2019 at 4:26 p.m.
Weight:  5 lbs. 13 oz.
Height:  18 inches

Our little princess decided to arrive about 5 weeks early in a very fast and somewhat scary delivery.  Although she is still in the hospital for some very minor feeding issues, we are so very thankful that she is here safely and cannot wait to bring her home.  Mommy and Daddy are already in love, and we know her big brothers will be in love too once they get to officially meet her.  It has been a difficult few weeks as we commute back and forth to the hospital to feed and care for Maggie while also caring for our four babies at home.  We can't wait to have them all under the same roof.  I will try to write her full birth story soon once things calm down a little around here.  Here are some of Maggie's first pictures.

Miss Maggie was immediately whisked off to NICU for help breathing and staying warm.  She had her arm bandaged because of her IV for fluids too.  Seeing your little one like this is a bit scary, but she really improved quickly.  

Sweet little face all covered in tubes and tape. 

So beautiful and perfect. 

Mommy finally got to hold her the next day. 

Mommy's girl is worth the wait for sure. 

Stealing the first kisses. 

Not a happy girl when the nurses had to move her IV to a different spot.  After numerous attempts on both arms and legs, they ended up having to put it in her head.  

Daddy finally got to hold her.  Yep, she is already a daddy's girl and gives him the best smiles. 

Daddy and his sweet baby girl melts Mommy's heart. 
As I think about my two baby girls, my heart is full of both happiness and sadness as Maggie will grow up without her sister.  I know that one day she will want to know why her sister can't be here with her.  I wonder why my baby girls had to enter the world in either the saddest or scariest ways while my pregnancies and deliveries of their brothers were relatively easy.  But mostly, I am so thankful to be the mom to two precious baby girls and to four equally precious baby boys.  I know that I have been incredibly blessed because there are so many wonderful women who long to be mothers.  We may not have answers to any of these difficult questions until we meet our Lord in heaven, but I pray for peace to be a compassionate and caring friend to those struggling with loss or infertility.  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy and excited for you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that she's here and I really hope and pray she is able to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry,

    So many darling pictures of Maggie Claire. Sorry that you had to endure a scary delivery, must've been quite an emotional time. Hopefully she gets to come home and get doted on soon. We're coming down to St. Augustine again this year around Memorial week, for my birthday, I'd love to get together again and to meet Maggie Claire.

    ~ Kiki ~

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails