Monday, October 20, 2014

20 Weeks ~ Over Halfway!

 photo Week201_zps548d3e67.jpg
Brody wanted to stand in for me for the 20 week picture...complete with big pregnant belly.  

 photo Week202_zps86be26e6.jpg
Then, he "delivered" his baby.

 photo Week203_zps0f02b6ae.jpg
He's in love!

 photo Week20_zps5af36cea.jpg
Sunday, October 19, 2014
Weight Gain:  I haven't been back to the doctor in the last two weeks and am not tracking my weight at home.  I had only gained two pounds at my 18 week check up from my previous weight at 13 weeks.  My appetite is still great, and I am not getting sick so pretty much all my food is going where it is supposed to.  As long as baby is continuing to grow well, I am not going to worry on this little detail.   

Maternity Clothes:  Same.  The fall weather has necessitated that I wear more maternity pants, and I still hate them.  I have a pair of stretchy waist maternity jeans that don't have the big elastic belly that I like pretty well. 

Sleep:  Same.  I am sleeping about as well as I usually do.  I do get some normal back and hip pain from sleeping on my side that alleviate with a pillow between my knees. 

Best Moment of this week: No new news but just thankful to find a healthy heartbeat to help alleviate my constant worrying.   

Movement:  Still not feeling much although I think I have felt an occasional little kick which I hope means the placenta is starting to move up and out of the way.  

Food cravings:  Same.  I am still just enjoying food right now.  I don't think I have been as hungry in the past couple of weeks as in the first trimester so my appetite appears to be leveling out as well.  

Food Aversions: Nothing.  I seem to like it all.  I actually haven't suffered from heartburn yet which is nice.

What I miss:  I think what I miss most is the peace of mind that comes with pregnancies when you have never suffered a loss.  Most people really take that for granted. 

Gender:  We told.  See previous post!  We are adding another adorable baby boy to our little nest.  Should be lots of fun! 

Symptoms:  Still mostly hunger and some light nausea usually brought on by gagging or bad smells (hmmm, Cocoa!).  

What I'm looking forward to:  Just making it through the next 18 to 20 weeks safely and holding our sweet little baby in our arms and hearing those first cries! 

Dear Baby M,

We are all so thankful that you are continuing to grow big and strong and can't wait to meet you in a few more months.  You are going to be so loved by your two big brothers, your angel big sister, and your mommy and daddy.   

Love,
Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Brody is just the cutest! I'm glad everything is going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby M???? Do you have a name? Are you sharing? Future post, perhaps?

    Congratulations to Brody on the birth of a beautiful lamb. He will make a fantastic father. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The very second after I posted that I see that you labeled the ultrasound picture with Mattox. Did I miss this announcement somewhere or is THAT the announcement? Sneaky! And I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Brody's pregnancy picture :)

    And I am praying for you and Baby Mattox every day. (Love his name by the way!) I cannot imagine how difficult this pregnancy is for you Sherry.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails