Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

 photo PregnancyandInfantLossAwareness_zps134e9c9e.jpg


I can't believe this is our second year recognizing this special day after the loss of our precious baby girl.  Somehow, time truly does carry on and forces us along with it.  The story behind this day as I understand it is that on October 25, 1988, American President Ronald Reagan chose to honor the little ones who left us too soon by designating the month of October as a special month for awareness and remembrance.  I do feel that most people these days don't really know about this designation especially with the other designation of the month for breast cancer awareness taking more of the spotlight.  Our little children are just as important.  I know breast cancer is a horrible illness and that finding a cure is very important, but many of our children's deaths could also have been prevented with more awareness and better care from the medical community.  The medical community accepts many of these deaths as just part of the process, and that is not acceptable!  It is getting harder and harder to find caring physicians in this country where life seems to have less value than it ever has before.  People tend to forget that they were once babies and the unborn at one time too and that it is a "miracle" that they are even here.  Life is a precious miracle that only God can bestow.  When we choose death over life, we aren't acting like God because death doesn't come from God.  My sweet friend, Jessica, mother of little Henry, reminded me of that recently.  I pray that more people will choose to honor life as the true gift that it is.  This day is about honoring the too short lives of our precious children!

 photo PregnancyandInfantLoss_zpsbc1021dd.jpg


 photo NILMDTSOctober152_zpsc980a0af.jpg
Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep is one of the few organizations that truly honors the lives of our babies.  We are especially thankful for their photographers who give their time and talents to help families facing the trauma of loss.  We wouldn't have the beautiful pictures of our precious daughter without the assistance of one of their talented photographers.  So if you are able, join us all in lighting candles to remember our babies at 7:00 p.m. in your time zone.  
 photo Mattie2_zpsdf177fb0.jpg
Our candles will be lit honoring our little Mattie and all the babies gone too soon!
 photo PregnancyandInfantLossAwareness2_zps31d8925c.jpg
Update:   I just loved how beautiful these candles shone and sparkled lit up at night.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you have such a personal connection to this day Sherry. I'm also thankful for the photographers of NILMDTS. I know a couple of people who have had to use their services and they are always appreciated.

    I think of Mattie every day still and what she would have been doing these days. I just want you to know, she is NOT forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have honored your Mattie's memory in the sweetest way. I'm always amazed at your strength. I'm so glad that NILMDTS was able to give your family such beautiful photos. I just want you to know that I pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails