Thursday, October 23, 2014

Responding to Your Comments



I haven't responded to so many blog comments lately.  Sigh.  I am so so so sorry because I love reading all of your comments.  Right now, you are some of my "best" friends, and I want you to know how much I truly appreciate every one of you.  You have been there for me through some of the hardest times of my life, and I am so thankful you are sharing this journey (roller coaster ride?) with us.  And I am sort of stealing this idea from you, Natalie, so I hope you don't mind.  It seemed like a good way to address everyone's comments and questions. 

Natalie (on Evan's camping post):  In response to your camping comment, I am not a camping girl either although I kind of wanted to stay with Eddie and Evan this time.  It did look like a lot of fun.  I just didn't think Brody and I could handle all the walking involved as well as the sleeping on the ground part.   I don't think the boys appreciated the mariachi band as much as we would have.  Eddie says it was probably the easiest money they ever made because they didn't have to play very long.  Haha!

Lauren (On Baby Mattox's post):  In response to your comment about Baby Mattox, I know you have been super busy enjoying your first days with your own little rainbow miracle.  Little Ethan is just adorable and so lucky to have you as his mama!  Thank you so much for your prayers! 

Marci (On Baby Mattox's post):  I wish you lived closer too as I do with so many of my blog friends!  Why do we have to be so spread out?  Texas, Arizona, Canada, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Georgia...sigh.  Thank goodness for this blessed internet for bringing us closer!  Love you too!

Tracy (On Baby Mattox's post):  I just hope things continue this well until he is safely here!  We will be watching him very closely. 

Natalie (On Baby Mattox's post):  Oh yes, he will get very scrunched up I am sure!  The joys of being short.  Haha!

Tracy (On the 20 Week post):  Brody is a mess...much like Karsyn, I am sure!  He wanted a baby in his tummy too.  Haha!

Natalie (On the 20 Week post):  You are too perceptive sometimes.  Haha!  No, you didn't miss any announcements.  This was it!  We knew we wanted a similar name to Mattie's and using the same initials.  I may keep the monogram above the crib.  Do you think it is too feminine.  Monograms are a big southern thing, and I just love it.  So we have settled on Mattox and are still debating a "C" middle name with several possible options.  Do you have any suggestions? 

Tracy (on the gender post):  How did you guess?  Hehe!  If you are perceptive like Natalie, you probably saw the blue ribbon I used as a belt in the picture, right?  I felt like my symptoms have been so similar to Mattie's symptoms so I really wasn't sure until the results. 

Natalie (on the gender post):  Haha!  I am glad I could keep you in suspense at least since you are so perceptive.  I actually got that idea from another blogger that does not blog much anymore since her baby was born.  At the time, we had already found out gender for Mattie so I didn't think I would get to use it.  It just felt like the simple and personal way we needed.  And more than likely he will have 2 big brothers to get him into trouble.  Haha!  I just wonder how we will feed them all as teenagers.   Evan is really starting to hit a growth spurt, and his appetite has been increasing.  He is outgrowing the kids' meal age...yikes! 

Annabelle (on gender post):  Thank you, sweet friend! 

Kelly-Belly (on gender post):  Thank you, my friend!  Are you as excited as I am about a certain "you-know-who's" coming visit?  :-)

Nicole (on the gender post):  Thank you, my friend!  It was just the simple, personal way we needed.
 
Natasha and Tracy (on Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance post):  Thank you both for always being there to help us remember our Mattie's memory.  You are precious friends!  Yes, NILMDTS gave us a precious gift! 

Marci (On Evan's cub scout post):  I love the way he looks in his uniform.  There is just something about a "man" in uniform, huh?  Well, except a forest service uniform.  My poor husband's work uniform is not the most attractive one.  Haha!

Tracy (On Evan's cub scout post):  I think the Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts is an excellent opportunity for boys.  I am not sure how I feel about Girl Scouts though.  I would look into them more closely before signing them up as I have read they support and fund some things we may not agree with.  When I was a young girl, I was involved in girls' clubs through my church and loved it!  We did so many fun things.  You may want to check into that for the girls.  That may help you on your church hunt.  :-)

Natasha (on Evan's cub scout post):  I agree about the fundraising!  We all want to go with him next summer so the more money he can raise, the better.  You know how I feel about these pricey aquariums, and the Georgia one is no exception although it is one of the best.  ;-)

Natalie (on the 18 weeks post):  I am trying to provide updates and document as well as possible.  It has actually been harder to share this time.  I don't fully understand why.  I don't want to forget anything though and want to cherish every detail as much as any of my other pregnancies.  I don't expect we will be going to 40 weeks this time with possible induction by 39 weeks.  The placenta placement may change all of our birth plans anyway so we are just waiting and watching.  Sigh.  That dress was an Old Navy special from last year.  It is not maternity.  They had several different colors, but Eddie liked the navy and white stripes.

Tracy (on the 18 weeks post):  Thank you for your compliments and prayers!  I actually feel pretty good these days and feel like I am starting to look more "normal."

Kelly-Belly (on the 18 weeks post):  We are so thankful things are progressing well so far.  I am more concerned with placenta placement than with the baby being low.  I generally carry kind of low and all in front because I have a very short torso so I am used to it.  The low, anterior placenta will likely pose some problems if it doesn't move up in the next few months. 


Natasha (on the 18 weeks post):  Thank you for your continued prayers.  Just hoping we will be holding our healthy little man by the first week of March next year.  

7 comments:

  1. I really like this post. =) I need to do this too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I totally think we should both make this a regular feature of our blogs. It's just fun to do.

    These are my suggestions:
    Mattox Christopher
    Mattox Christian
    Mattox Carson
    Mattox Cameron

    And btw, I wrote this same comment hours ago and blogger ate it. Grrrrr. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you listed a couple of our choices! Eddie's top pick is Christian, but I like Carson and Cameron too. I am all about name meanings so the only thing I don't like about Cameron is that it is Scottish meaning crooked nose. Haha! Carson doesn't really have a real meaning and just means son of Carr. Eddie also likes Chase because it is French for hunter. I also liked Caleb because it is Hebrew for faithful and bold. Ugh. Name decisions can be so hard.

      Delete
  3. I think you always do a great job of posting and commenting. I really enjoy your blog!
    I'm more of a "lazy blogger" and I sort of scan through pictures and posts sometimes. I really do enjoy it better when I take the time to read through them though. One of my favorite ones from you was around this time last year when you all had a Friday Night Pizza Night. It just seemed so fun and relaxing.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, those fun and relaxing nights at home are so few and far between. Haha!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! :)

    I haven't even thought about responses my sweet friend. I comment on your posts because you are so precious and I love the friendship we have cultivated. You have become very dear to me. <3

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this way of responding to comments. I am so far behind in my comment responses. As if I'll get around to it soon since I'm also behind on my own blog reading. Someday...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails