Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Break at Jekyll Island {April 2020}

Although the kids were already doing online learning, they did get a week break from their studies for Easter week.  Since traveling was not an option, our state did start allowing locals to visit beaches for the day although there were restrictions on numbers in a group, lounging on the beach, and closed restroom facilities.  We took the kids for a day out at Jekyll, and it was perfect.  We had the beach to ourselves, and there was a perfect little tide pool for Maggie to play in with warmer water than the ocean.  The ocean water was still a little chilly although Brody didn't seem to mind it.  He is the most water loving of our kids still although I suspect Maggie may be as well.  Our teenager was the only one who got called out by a park attendant (Jekyll Island is a state park) for lounging on the blanket we had brought for Maggie in case she needed to nap.  Sigh.  We are so thankful to at least have beaches close by that we can utilize during these difficult days of social distancing.  I know it is so hard in cities where they have less means of escape to the outdoors.  I have a friend in New York City who posts about their experiences.  They do have to wear masks when they go outdoors although they have enjoyed walks in the quieter and less crowded city and in Central Park.  The city skyline actually looks so beautiful and clear in her photographs, and I am a little jealous she gets to enjoy the city in such a rare state.  Eddie and I kind of got that less busy experience in a very cold January when we visited, but it was a completely different winter scene.  I think we all can benefit from some outdoor therapy during this time.  My motto is "go outside and play!"

My crazy husband posing for his picture, and my message in the sand to mark this memorable occasion. 


Grayson and Maggie really enjoyed their little private pool on the beach.  It was the perfect size and depth for all of them.  

I am so thankful for these crocheted hats from my sweet friend, Kelly, because they have really come in handy lately.  They stay on her head as sun protection better than other hats that blow off in the beach wind.  I think they remind me of fashionable 1920's swim caps women wore.  

My silly boys playing together. 

Maggie crawling off to join her brothers. 

She headed for Evan who she definitely adores.  

My sweet Mattox

Grayson and Daddy didn't seem to mind the cooler water. 

Maggie really enjoyed the muddy sand and definitely ate her share.  Sigh. 

You may notice her dirty mouth from eating sand, but she was very happy.  



There's the lazy teenager "lounging" on the beach like he wasn't supposed to be.  I was busy watching Maggie and the younger boys playing, and Daddy was in the ocean with the others most of the time. 

Brody will always be my water-loving baby. 

I think Maggie will be my sand and dirt loving baby. 

I love watching my boys playing together.  

Maggie showing us her silly tongue. 


And we always stop for a treat for the drive home.  Yum, Chick-fil-a frosted coffee is the best!  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...the Maggie pictures have made my whole day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks so adorable in her little hat! In south Georgia where we don't get much winter weather, I am glad I found a better use for it! Haha!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails