Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spring Family Pictures at Wormsloe State Historic Site {2020}

You may be wondering how we got our family pictures made during the epic pandemic of 2020.  Well, since we take our photographs ourselves with a self-timer and a tripod, it really isn't that hard.  Since we are moving away from the coastal Georgia area, I wanted to get pictures at this historic site where many local photographers take amazing photos in the beautiful grove of live oak trees.  You drive along the road lined by the beautiful trees for about three miles.  At the end, you can park at the visitor's center and walk among the trees or back to the old plantation house.  I use the term plantation loosely here because the house was really more of a fortress built by a colonial settler who became a doctor, constable, Indian agent, Royal councilor, and surveyor.  From his fort, he commanded a regiment of marines that defended the Georgia coast from the Spanish.  His fortress is a tabby ruins that is the oldest standing structure in Savannah.  We enjoyed our little excursion to this quiet little haven and got some amazing pictures to remember it forever.  One thing that makes this site great for photography is that there are so many interesting spots for backgrounds  There is the tunnel of trees of course, but there is also a white picket fence, an old masonry silo, a bamboo forest, the tabby ruins, and the marsh view.  We just used what worked for us. 

The official family picture of 2020.  This one will likely go on the front of our yearly calendar. 

Outtakes with one or more kids not cooperating.  In this one, Maggie is looking somewhere else. 





Lots of uncooperative faces.  It is just hard to get this many people to cooperate.  The trick is you just have to take lots of pictures so your chances of getting a good one is better.  
But I guess I really like the less cooperative pictures because they often show the kids' personalities more. Grayson and that little finger to his lips and Mattox playing with his glasses or ear are just the cutest things. 


They were definitely not cooperating for a picture with mom.  The sun was also getting in Grayson's face.  



But my baby girl and I got great pictures together.  Eat your heart out, Daddy! 



Clapping because she's so happy!  Her theme song may just be "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.  




Just magical! 

Daddy and his boys.  I loved the moss draped trees behind them and the old silo draped in moss and ivy.  


Daddy and the boys were hiding behind the tree.  I told Mattox to play peek-a-boo behind the tree, and he took me literally and hid behind his hands. 

Peek-a-boo, I see you. 

The only shot I could get of the four boys together.  It definitely isn't great.  

Individual shots were much easier.  I loved photographing my teenager.  He just looks so handsome and grown up these days. 

He may want to be an engineer, but I could see a modeling career as a backup.  Haha! 

Look at that GQ model.  

And finally, a perfect smile. 
 

Brody showing off his usual cheese smile.  He is such a sweet, silly boy.  

Definitely kin to mom.  He's my twin. 


Sweet Mattox may not have felt like smiling, but he was still handsome. 

Just precious. 

I thought this needed to be in classic black and white.  He looks like he's saluting. 

Still beautiful in color too. 

I just let the younger boys do whatever made them happy.  Grayson loved playing with the bamboo sticks.    
I thought this looked so classic like he was going fishing with his cane pole. 


Just sweet. 

And mischievous. 

Either a fisherman or a baseball player. 

Just having fun outside. 



Sweet Magnolia.  I found her little Easter dress on Children's Place.  It had beautiful blue and purple hydrangeas on it which are some of my absolute favorite flowers.  Those and magnolias, of course. 

Beautiful girl. 

Showing off her red hair while playing with her eggs. 

Playing with some sparkly Easter eggs. 



I don't think it gets any sweeter than this.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my...what an epic event to get everyone dressed and sitting still. Wow. You are so amazing.
    I love the picture of Grayson looking off in the distance. And of course everyone looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails