Monday, March 30, 2020

Evan is a Teenager!

It's official now.  We have a teenager.  I have kind of considered him a teen for a while now because he is very mature for his age, but I have noticed a few changes in him in the last few months.  He is definitely wanting to hang out with his parents and younger siblings less and less.  He will often sit with his earbuds in his ears whether or not he is listening to music.  I don't know if that is because he thinks it looks cool or just to tune us all out.  Haha!  He gives us the teenager stink eye glare a lot more too.  The teen attitude has definitely made its appearance.  How long will this last?  Of course, I am also growing a bit sad thinking we only have about five more years with him at home.  He has big dreams to accomplish and will likely not be at home much after he graduates from high school.  Sigh.  We still wanted to celebrate this special day with our still precious big baby boy.  I have especially hated this pandemic for him because he is definitely our more social child who craves interactions with friends.  He is lucky to have a best friend neighbor across the road, but he misses school and sports.  I hate that he missed his final days at his old school with his friends, but I can't wait to get him established in his new school, sports, and church activities.  I know he will thrive and be successful wherever he goes. 

I made my big teenager a chocolate soccer ball cake.  Soccer is still his favorite sport, and I hope he will be on a good team when we move. 

He is wearing his favorite Adidas soccer shirt.  Yes, he prefers athletic wear all the time. 

So grown up and handsome.  Where is my little baby?  

He's still there and will always be mama's baby. 

I think this was doughnuts for breakfast time.  Grayson is probably Evan's favorite little brother right now.  They both love to wrestle and play rough.  They gang up on poor Brody and Mattox. 

For his birthday supper, we were able to go to his favorite wing restaurant, Wild Wing Cafe.  They stayed open longer than most establishments and implemented stricter seating policies and other measures for their staff.  We all felt very safe, and Evan got his favorite meal. 

Baby sister Maggie looks the most like baby Evan so it is nice to have her to remind me.  

Mommy and Mattox and Brody enjoyed celebrating too.

We love you to the moon and back, Evan!  Keep making us proud in all you do!

1 comment:

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails