Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Mattox's Out of this World 5th Birthday

Mattox has definitely developed an obsession with Buzz Lightyear, spaceships, and going to the moon.  Those are his favorite topics to talk about.  With a child who does not talk very much, you want to do anything you can to encourage his communication.  He had received a Buzz Lightyear action figure earlier in the year to encourage him, and after Christmas, we had discovered the coolest Buzz Lightyear spaceship that he could "fly."  I had asked him if he wanted that for his birthday, and for the next couple of months, when we would ask him what he wanted for his birthday, he would say "Buzz Lightyear spaceship."  After Christmas, he was also very excited to go back to school, and his teachers and speech therapist were able to get him to talk by offering him incentives like watching Buzz Lightyear videos on their phones.  It was the most progress he made all year.  Can you guess what his birthday theme would be?  Yep, Buzz Lightyear and spaceships!  I know this boy is going places...maybe even to the moon one day!  

Since we didn't have a big party for him, I wanted to splurge a little.  I got him this "lifesized" Buzz Lightyear balloon to party with him.  I also used my newfound trick of blowing up my own balloons for a large bouquet, and that bouquet is still going strong three months later!  I was going for colors that resembled Buzz although my green was a little more teal than his.  

We ate dinner at our customary favorite Mellow Mushroom.  Since Grayson's birthday, the statue outside changed from the giant minion to a cool E.T.  I love E.T. so much that when we visited Universal Studios when Mattox was a baby, I bought him a little E.T. stuffed toy.  We took our E.T. with us to see the big E.T.  The manager of the restaurant was quite impressed.  Sadly, the big E.T. has not been holding up well because he is made of fiberglass instead of metal.  He has several broken fingers and a bandaged arm.  Mattox tells him, "Owwww!" like E.T. says in the movie.  The manager said he would be leaving them and be replaced by a different sculpture soon.  

Mattox was pretending to let E.T. drink from his cup.  There is also a cool Spiderman on the ceiling.  

I just love this kid!  He really is so very special to me. 

He is so special, I could not resist attempting to make him my most fantastical cake yet.  I made him a huge rocket ship like Buzz Lightyear's.  I think Buzz approved. 

I just love all of these boys!  I never would have imagined my life with four boys, but I wouldn't change it for the world! 

Mattox and Buzz defending the galaxy. 

The big 5 year old is ready to blow out his candles. 


He just needed a little help from his teammates.  He actually blows the wrong way so air really isn't coming out.

I was trying to "teach" him the proper way to blow.  
It did kind of make me sad to cut into this cool cake, but the kids all enjoyed it.  


Mr. Grayson likes Buzz too and has Buzz Lightyear sneakers. One of the first real sentences he would say was answering the questions "Who is on your shoes?" and "What do your shoes do?"  He will reply, "Buzz."  and "They light up."  

Mattox is ready to take on the evils of the universe in his very own spaceship.  

We love you to infinity and beyond, Space Ranger Mattox! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails