Friday, December 7, 2018

Grayson's 1st Haircut

Shortly after Grayson's birthday, we decided to finally get his first hair cut.  It was a bittersweet decision because I hated cutting off his adorable curls.  I knew that he would take on a whole new level of cuteness with a big boy haircut, but I just wanted to hold onto my little baby boy for as long as I could.  The hair cut seems to be an important rite of passage for baby boys.  With girls, the hair cuts seem to come much later since girls want longer hair.  I have witnessed first hand how quickly these babies grow up, and I just want to hold on to their babyhood as long as possible.  Grayson was the latest to receive his first hair cut, and I still wonder if I could have waited a bit longer.  We wanted the experience to be fun for him so I searched for a place with a kid-friendly atmosphere.  In the larger cities we have lived in, there have been many options for kid-friendly salons.  Here, I could only find one.  It isn't specifically for just kids, but they have a room with the fun seats for babies.  The cool barber shop with an antique car shop theme was also a hit with our boys.  Grayson did not love the process in the beginning, but he was consoled and we finally got some smiles with the help of a sorting toy and the blow dryer.

These little boys were pretty impressed by the old Ford mustang turned into the register counter. 

Grayson enjoyed flying his airplane. 

Just one last look at his beautiful long locks. 

And then the cutting began and Grayson was not amused. 

Poor baby. 

Mattox was pretty amused by the airplane propeller. 

We tried to get Grayson's attention off the cutting process by reading a Mickey book. 

But this little block sorting toy did the trick. 

Finally, he gave us some smiles. 

And my baby boy looks like a beautiful big boy now. 



Almost done but first a little blow dry.  

He liked the blow dryer. 

1 comment:

  1. Awww...what a sweetie. I'm glad mommy and daddy were both there for him. :)
    Looking good little buddy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails