Monday, November 5, 2018

A Day at Poppell Farms {October 2018}

In my humble opinion, it just isn't Autumn without a trip to a pumpkin patch farm and a tractor hayride is also a must.  We also enjoy corn mazes which we have accomplished for many past years.  I was kind of afraid living so far south in coastal Georgia would make it difficult to find a good farm for the kids.  For one thing, it still feels like summer down here until December.  I was happily surprised to find this awesome farm with plenty of fall fun for all of us.  Now, it was a pretty warm day, but Evan was still content to wear his long sleeves and sweater vest.  Poppell Farms is located about a 45 minute drive a little to the southwest of us.  We enjoyed a nice drive through the country that we don't get to visit very often.  If you live in or visit the south Georgia area in the Fall, I highly recommend a visit to this farm.  We will definitely be going again! 


Evan and the Great Pumpkin

Mattox was pretty excited to see Spookley.  Oh, Disney!  Ha! 

These boys loved milking the cow.  It actually squirted out a milky looking liquid so it was a fun experience for them. 

Evan and Brody show the little boys how it's done. 

Mattox and Grayson drive the buckboard wagon while Brody challenged Evan to a game of pumpkin checkers. 

Grayson was ready to go on the hayride.  I just love when Daddy gets him laughing. 

Waiting for the tractor to pick them up.  Seeing how long Grayson's hair was really makes me sad.  My babies are growing up so fast! 

Mommy was happy to get off her feet for a minute and snuggle her sweet babies. 

I adore Mattox's little face. 

Going to pick out our pumpkins. 

I love this baby so much!  He found a perfect pumpkin. 

The big boys have theirs. 

Mommy picked a pumpkin for her little pumpkin on the way.  I think Maggie was about the size of this one. 

Oh I just love those little ghosts in Charlie Brown's pumpkin patch. 

Mommy and all of her little pumpkins

We didn't get a full family picture, but Evan did take a picture of Mom and Dad together. 

Mattox was particularly excited to ride the cow train.  I need to do a comparison of all my kids' first time on the cow train. 

Evan was a good sport and rode with Grayson. 

Mattox loved riding with Brody.  Brody is his hero! 

There is just something about riding in barrels painted to look like cows being pulled by a tractor.  

Here they come!  I love Mattox's excited faces. 


Brody enjoyed the big jumping pillow. 

Mattox and Grayson found a maze just their size. 

Big brothers worked together to do the barrel roll. 

Sweet boys finishing the maze. 

Grayson made it! 

Daddy helped Mattox do the barrel roll with his brothers. 

Mattox wanted to play in the hay and in the little kids' play area.  He was little big for the equipment.  

Mattox loved the corn pit.  Grayson wasn't so sure. 

I buried Mattox in corn. 

A hot fall day at the farm calls for ice cream.  I think it was peach. 

Brody enjoyed bull riding. 

Mattox held on tight. 

My handsome almost teenager.  

Sweet big brother gave his baby brother a ride.  Right now, Grayson is his favorite little brother.  Brody and Mattox are closer because they actually like the same things. 

Don't let this sweet precious face fool you...this baby is tough! 

The big brothers raced down the big slide. 

One last picture in hot sunshine.  We can't wait to return.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails