Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Latest Big Photo Project ~ 2 years late AGAIN!

One of the projects I decided to dive into this summer was our family's Disney scrapbook from our trip in 2012.  I knew that this book would be way more involved than other photobooks I have made in the past.  If you have ever seen some of these Disney scrapbooks on Pinterest or other sites, you know that people take these very seriously.  I don't think mine is nearly so elaborate, but I didn't want to distract too much from our pictures.  I used a lot of others' ideas as inspiration and actually made my pages totally free using free software online (fotoflexer.com if you are interested is great because it allows you to use png images and overlap backgrounds and images with a lot of flexibility).  I made lots of my own backgrounds and found all the embellishments I needed online for free as well.  Google is just amazing like that!  Anyway, I finished the project a couple of weeks ago and have been constantly checking it and making tweaks here and there to things I wasn't completely satisfied with.  I also waited for the best deal from Shutterfly to order.  A "free" Shutterfly offer wasn't good enough because it only gives you $20.00 off.  I wanted more than that.  Haha!  I missed the last big promotion, but thankfully, Shutterfly does a lot of big promotions in summer.  The current offer is 40% with free shipping on orders over $30.  I think that is probably the best deal I will get for a while so I took it.  So here it is:


Click here to view this photo book larger
Photo books are the perfect gift for any occasion.


If you want to see any of the pages closer up, you can also view them here on a special page I made.  It feels good to get another project accomplished.  Now, we are ready for our next trip!

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

5 comments:

  1. This is a huge project to have off your plate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! I know. I hope it looks good in print. I am a little anxious. If you look up some other people's Disney scrapbooks, they definitely put me to shame. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Sherry - you did a great job!!! I love Shutterfly books. I need to get started on a new one. I'm back logged about 2 years. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I could never make Shutterfly books of everything. I would really be behind. I content myself with special books about special trips or events. Have you looked into printing your blog? That can be a great and easy way to print pictures and writings about life. I have 3 books but they only go through 2009. That is weird since I started blogging in 2009, but I blogged big posts that year catching up on the last 6 years of our lives so the blog books for the years 2003 - 2009 are pretty big. Some years now will have to be broken down into two bigs and that is going to be quite expensive. One day, I will get them all printed. Haha!

      Delete
  3. I love it! You did such a good job on it. If it makes you feel any better about how long it took you, I want to do books out of our first trip to San Diego with Spencer in 2009 and going to Vermont in 2010. Sigh. One of these days.

    I also ready your comment to Tracy. I really want to start printing my blog posts, but I am scared of the cost. What kind of cost are we talking, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails