Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dressing Like Cows for Free Food!

There is a pretty well-known little fast food chain around here where one day a year they give you a free meal for dressing like their advertising mascot.  The business is Chick-fil-a, and the event is called Cow Appreciation Day.  The cows advertise for Chick-fil-a with poorly spelled signs telling you to "Eat Mor Chikin."  I have a pretty long history of a relationship with Chick-fil-a as it was my first job.  My church friend, April, was the manager, and we had a blast working there together.  Plus, we loved not working on Sundays.  Anyway, our family had not participated in the event in several years since Evan was about Brody's age.  We decided it was time to do it again.  It really doesn't involve spending massive amounts of money on costumes, and they provide you with free printables online for printing your own cow spots and signs to wear.  However, some people have been known to go a little over the top with their costumes.  We thought Brody might enjoy a chance to dress up, but as usual, you can never predict how a three year old will act.  He was not happy about his costume or having his picture made in it although he did enjoy his free meal.  Of course to him, his meals are always free.  Haha!

 photo Chickfila1_zps0a6b6c35.jpg
Notice the pouty lip poked out?  The boys wore their fireman hats to represent the Spicy Chikin cows.  

 photo Chickfila2_zpse61d680d.jpg
A little more cooperative picture with Brody absent.

 photo Chickfila3_zpsbcc0fafe.jpg
My usually cooperative Evan posing for a picture outside our Chick-fil-a.  He is usually cooperative for pictures although surprisingly not as much as he was when he was 3. 

 photo Chickfila4_zpsa39b16ad.jpg
Silly sad faced cow.  

 photo Chickfila5_zps4a829e6b.jpg
And there goes the hat. 

 photo Chickfila6_zps278c5953.jpg
At least he let me paint his nose and cheeks. 

 photo Chickfila7_zpsd670036b.jpg
We said this silly cow had mad cow disease.  He was losing his spots while ordering the food.  Haha!

 photo Chickfila8_zps6ae1bc09.jpg
Evan showing me his little cow tail. 

 photo Chickfila9_zps35f4a22c.jpg
I hate having paint on my face so I chose the little cow mask.  

 photo Chickfila10_zps51f42782.jpg
Brody sure did enjoy his free meal. 
 photo Chickfila11_zpsd45db2e1.jpg
Daddy and his baby cow

FLASHBACK - 2010

 photo cows2.jpg
Evan was an adorable 3 year old cow.  I really hate that he lost that cute hat.  I think he lost it at his old daycare.  Sigh. 

 photo Summer355.jpg
Weren't they the cutest?  
Thank you, Chick-fil-a, for continuing to be one of the only fast food establishments we love to frequent!

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

3 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute!!! If you came to my house dressed like cows, I would give you free food too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all look way too cute! I bet that was so much fun! I love the flashback pictures too. In the first flashback picture, I thought Evan looked like you. That was until I saw the second one. He looks just like his daddy in that one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sherry in mid-September. This is Natalie in mid-September. I seem to be TWO MONTHS behind on my reading of your blog. Apparently I just kind of gave up a few months ago. So, being Type A, I made a list of the posts I missed, divided them into nights and am planning on being caught up by Saturday. Here we go!

    Oh, and very cute cows!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails