Friday, June 13, 2014

Our Summer Plans

Having a loose plan with a list of activities really seemed to help hold us accountable last summer for getting out and having fun and not just lying around the house all summer.  I hope that we can continue that tradition this summer.  We certainly have an exciting list for this summer.

 photo summerlist_zps4c27567a.jpg


We added a few things this summer, including the $1 summer movies at Regal Cinemas.  Evan hopes we go every week because there are many movies he wants to see.  You can check it out and see if you have a participating theater in your area.   I don't think we could have accomplished this one last year because Brody was still a little too young to appreciate movies, but I hope that he will enjoy it this year since he does seem to like watching movies now.  Last summer, Evan and I enjoyed watching a lot of old 80's movies at home on TV.  I loved introducing him to so many of my old favorites!

Here are the movies Evan hopes to see:

The Smurfs 2
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Despicable Me 2 (we've seen it so we may skip this week)
The Lego Movie
Rise of the Guardians
Kung Fu Panda 2
The Croods or Epic
Walking with Dinosaurs
Rio 2

Do you have big plans for the summer?  Do you plan to check out any new movies this summer?

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

5 comments:

  1. I sort of have a "Panic List" just in case I start going crazy and can't figure out what we are going to do all day...lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great list! Those are some of the movies that we will be seeing this summer too! My kiddos are all really looking forward to see the Lego Movie. We've seen Despicable Me 2 many times as well, but it's one of our faves, so will be seeing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a totally fun and do-able list. I'm the same way.....we have to have a plan to work off of or we will just be bums and lay around watching TV.

    Elliott is still too young this summer, but next summer I hope to start taking both of them to the movies. It's such an easy, fun outing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever seen the movie Elf? One of my favorite lines is, "we can hold hands, eat a whole roll of cookie dough, and snuggle." Too cute! I love all your ideas! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we had a cheap movie theatre we would totally be heading there this summer. I have a Summer Pinterest board and am counting down the days left of school -- eight for Sam and two for Rachel!!! Whooo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails