Monday, October 1, 2018

Successful September {2018}

Despite the fact that we don't really get Fall weather in September here and it just feels like a continuation of hot summer, we managed to do some Fall-like activities in September, and the kids had a successful month in school.  It was a full month for this crazy family!

Just playing on the playground.  Grayson did not want to lose his football.  Evan thinks he will be a future football player for sure. 

That football went with him everywhere.  His church pal, Rhyland, was following along with an armful of balls too. Boys! 

Of course, we celebrated my birthday at our favorite Mellow Mushroom. 

I just loved my birthday art from Brody and Mattox. 

This post popped up in my instagram on my birthday.  Apparently, I share a birthday with Waffle House right here in Georgia.  Haha! I guess from now on we should eat there on my birthday. 

Sweet Mattox getting another eye exam to see if his prescription changed.  It is difficult getting a non-verbal kid to cooperate. 

But he is too cute! 

Grayson was trying to put his brother's glasses on. 

A chair for two. 

We had to wait for Mattox's eyes to dilate so we played in the waiting room. 

Mattox is such a cool kid.  He wears his sunglasses inside while reading a book. Ha! 

Big brother Evan is definitely the bookworm in the family and even reads while waiting for his food at Chick-fil-a after a soccer game. Grayson is just ready to eat. 

He also reads at the Mexican restaurant after church.  The boy just doesn't put a book down. 

Brody started his Wolf year in Cub Scouts. 

Brody and I made his Dreams poster for school.  He dreams of traveling the world, graduating from college, and becoming an artist and a chef. 

Sweet Grayson tucking himself into my bed. He said, "No pictures please!"

Brody's class at church were learning to work together as they colored this huge art.  Brody kind of takes over in art projects.  Haha! 

My wild monkeys playing.  Mattox and Grayson team up against Evan. 

Handsome Evan...some random picture someone took on the good camera.  It might be one of my favorite pictures of him. 


Sweet Grayson and Mattox.  I loved Grayson's curls! 
Grayson was shutting himself into big brother's closet. 


Evan has grown so much spiritually in his youth group at church. I loved this picture of him praying. They had a fun "feast" of everyone's favorite cereals one night. 

This hurricane threat was barreling down on our home state of NC and did bring some disastrous flooding to eastern NC after striking Wilmington. 

My beautiful baby

I think Brody was studying his spelling and vocubulary words. 

Evan and Grayson were playing a hand game at lunch while Brody and I had a pout face competition. Who won? 

I found Mattox and Grayson napping like this on the couch.  They really do love one another!  I was so proud of Brody for bringing home all A+ on his spelling and vocabulary tests in one week, and he continued that trend for the rest of the school year.  He rocked those tests! I thought his sentence with one of his vocabulary words was funny because he spelled everything correctly except the word "am."  He will often write simple words like "am" and "is" completely backwards.  Haha! 

The little boys enjoy playing in this play space at the mall.  

They love the little slide. 

And running through the rainbow tunnel and climbing on the giant letters. 

I love those baby boys! 

My sweet Grayson

Oh no, Mattox discovered the TV screen built into the play area.  It only shows a baby learning channel so not that bad for him. 

Ugh, Mommy was feeling pretty large these days while pregnant with baby Maggie. 

After an intense play time at the mall, Mattox passed out on the ottoman at home.  He was showing off his tattoo that he loves getting at Tijuana Flats. Mattox and Grayson were cooking in the kitchen.  

Ice Cream cones from Chick-fil-a are the best. 

Sweet Mattox


Evan and Brody enjoyed a little fishing derby at our local fish hatchery.  
Brody was determined to catch a fish. 


Evan caught a little one.  They all were thrown back of course. 

The little boys wanted to fish too. 

Evan wanted to kayak around the pond.  He is really fast! 

He even took his little brother for a ride.  He wasn't as fast with another passenger. 

I love these shots of them together.  Classic memories! 


After taking pictures of Evan and Brody, I turned around and lost sight of Mattox.  I finally found him over on this ATV.  He loves to drive.  Haha! 

I love watching these big boys fishing. 

Brody caught a good sized catfish. 

Mattox tried to catch one too. 

After a hot morning fishing, we had a birthday party to attend.  Mattox loved the Cat Boy cake from PJ Masks.  I was due for a Sonic drink later. 

Then, I had a baby shower to attend at church.  The couple's nursery theme was cactus/cacti so I was pleased to find a matching bag while shopping at TJ Maxx.  

Grayson likes to help fold clothes. 

Grayson discovered the singing puppy. 

I love when they sit together and share the kindle to watch some learning videos. 

Big brother had a football game, and the boys were exhausted afterwards. The boys also enjoyed a new doggy friend while Mommy was at a doctor's appointment. 

I loved this day when some sweet old pictures from probably 2010 or so of little Evan popped up in my facebook memories.  

Sweet pictures of Brody popped up too from 2011 and 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails