Saturday, July 1, 2017

Celebrating Mattie's 4th Birthday

Since Mattie's birthday was on Friday, the boys and I celebrated together by going out to lunch and then we celebrated as a family that night with some yummy strawberry shortcake after dinner.  I think Mattie would have liked her pink strawberry cake with whipped cream and strawberries on top.  We had balloons and decorations, and her brothers helped blow out her candles.  It was a special night! 

Mattie's birthday balloons and banners.  I had to make her a name banner since I have one for each of her brothers. 

I can always count on my sweet Brody to write his sister a sweet note or card.  

I love the way her four candles reflected on her picture.  And yes, there is a princess balloon for our little princess. 

Brothers love gathering around their sister and singing to her.  Mattox smiled big when we sang Mattie's name because he thought we were singing to him too.  We often call him Mattie as a nickname. 

Mommy and all of her babies

Daddy and his babies

Preparing to blow out the candles. 

Evan wanted Grayson to do it so he helped him. 

Enjoying some of the yummy cake. 

Mattie's Grandma put a little balloon and flower arrangement on her grave for us since we couldn't visit.  We love you, Mattie!  

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, and I love that you call Mattox, Mattie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly! I really do love keeping up with you on here. I am just so sad that you don't seem to get any of my comments. :-(

      Delete
  2. What a sweet celebration for your sweet girl. And I too love the way her four candles reflect on her picture.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails