Friday, June 30, 2017

Mattie Claire's 4th Birthday


Dearest Mattie,

I am so sorry so many people have forgotten how precious you are, but as I have always promised, I will never forget you.  You are with me in my heart every day of my life.





 We will do a wonderful job of celebrating you today, I promise.  We will have decorations, cake, and fun things we know you would enjoy.



As I have pondered how we have come this far since the day you came silently into our lives, my heart breaks for all the wonderful memories we have missed with you.  I know you are so beautiful and happy and perfect in your heavenly home.  When I see other people say their living children are angels, I just want to tell them they have no idea what a real angel is.  I held one in my arms and kissed her beautiful face and will love her for the rest of my life until I can hold her again.












When I try to imagine what you would be like at four, I am lost.  I know you would be beautiful and sweet and fun as you grow into a little lady.  You would be learning so many knew things as you begin to prepare to start school.  You may know your ABC's and how to count and write your name and may even be learning to read.  You would probably be able to dress yourself and would probably have a unique style all your own.  With four brothers, I wonder if you would like sports and playing ball or if you would be mommy's girly princess who insisted on dressing up all the time and playing with your dolls.  Mommy would love that!






Mommy just wants you to know that you will always be loved.  She has a really hard time sharing about you because it is hard to talk about without crying and because most people just don't seem to appreciate you.  I just want the world to know how special you are, my little angel.  I hope that you are having the best birthday party ever in heaven and that you will enjoy watching our celebration here too.

With all my heart, happy birthday beautiful girl!  I love you!

Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about you all on this very special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you and lifting you all up in prayer today. I won't forget your precious angel Sherry. There are some of us who still remember her and grieve her loss in your life. Sending you so much love today, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a few days late, but Happy Birthday Mattie! It's obvious even to someone who just knows your mommy through this that you were/are one very special lady! And your mommy is one strong woman!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails