Thursday, May 18, 2017

Our New Master Bedroom

Well, I am still behind about a month on posting, but I thought a house tour was an easier post than some of the more photo intensive ones I need to do.  Apparently, we are living in the '90s here in Coastal Georgia and the internet is more like dial up.  Sigh.  There are basically only two options so we are probably about to switch and try the other option because this is not working.  So with incredibly slow upload options, I am pressing forward.  With each move, I would say our master bedroom gets a little closer to what I really want and envision.  Fresh paint and some new furniture got us closer than ever before.  For us, we like to save up for big stuff, but there just always seems to be more pressing needs than our home decor wants.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the tour.

 photo master1_zpsthzuajwd.jpg
Our bed hasn't changed much as we still want to keep our upholstered headboard with its blue and gray fabric.  We did hang the headboard pretty high and just put our wooden couples monogram above it.  We haven't updated the side tables yet, but we may do so in the future to match the new dressers we purchased.  We have admired that set for a while, but it is kind of expensive so buying a piece or two at a time was more practical for us.  I am not sure if we will buy the bed since we still love our headboard and the bench seat at the foot.   The upholstered headboard is just something we can upgrade fairly easily and inexpensively if we ever want a change. 

 photo master2_zpslbf4renu.jpg
This silky blue blanket never stays where I put it with Brody the blankie stealer in the house.  Here, you can see our new dresser and mirror.  It is a sturdy and simple design in a dark cherry finish.  I like that the drawers are all cedar lined too. 

 photo master3_zpsgcz89fiz.jpg
Our Hawaiian tiki mask hangs over in the corner, and the canvas print has one of our favorite expressions on it.  When we were dating, we would always have this little joke where Eddie would say "I love you," I would say "I love you more," and Eddie would say "not humanly possible."  Maybe I should paint that on a canvas for the other side.  Ha! 

 photo master4_zpsnhi3eudu.jpg
This side has our comfy rocking chair, my wedding portrait, and a little gallery wall that defines our marriage and family.  I still want a little table to put next to the chair. 

 photo master5_zpst5kkgkkq.jpg
I also hung the little chandelier that was in our daughter Mattie's nursery in here because I wanted to see it instead of putting it in storage. 

 photo master9_zpsria79pso.jpg
A close up of the comfy chair.  The kids use this more than I do. 

 photo master6_zpsmyjf0nih.jpg
The upgraded printable of all of our birth dates.   It gets pretty long with five kids.  

 photo master7_zpsjgh1fvnb.jpg
Pictures of the most important people in our lives. 

 photo master8_zpstqkr9xqk.jpg
Got to have that TV in the bedroom.  Haha!

Master Bath

The bathrooms and kitchen are probably the two rooms in the house that need the most work.  They aren't terrible, but they are just builder grade with no upgrades and still have linoleum flooring and basic fixtures that could use a refresh.  I think it would be fun to upgrade these in the future as I believe this house has the potential to be our forever home.

 photo master10_zpsfrlju7uq.jpg
We haven't done very much in the bathroom.  It was painted a very light purple gray so we could live with it for a while.  I hung a little piece of photo art that we bought at Eddie's work auction last year.  It depicts one of the many NC lighthouses and one that we visited a couple of years ago on Hatteras Island.  This one is Bodie Island lighthouse. 

 photo master11_zpsfbk4zjv3.jpg
The tub is primarily used by the kids for bathtime so their toys are in here. 

 photo master12_zpspndb6fqt.jpg
Eddie's sink. 

 photo master13_zpsmdhb7eyi.jpg
Am I the only one that hates these places where they didn't want to bring the walls all the way to the ceiling and leave these "shelves."  I mean who knows what kind of creepy things live up there.  How often do people really clean these areas since it requires a very tall ladder to reach?  Those are the two master closets and the little hallway leading out to the bedroom. 

 photo master14_zpswesoiujx.jpg
My sink.  I like keeping my jewelry box in here to keep clutter out of the bedroom. 

 photo master15_zpspdybsyb4.jpg
A very minimalist little shower.  I would love to bring it out more and make it bigger some day.  And lose the ugly shower doors of course. 
 photo master16_zpsgsmm7ann.jpg
Our biggest "issue" with the bathroom is probably the lack of privacy.  It doesn't have a separate toilet room with a door, and the door to the bathroom is a sliding door that is difficult to lock.  When locked, our little two year old can still manage to open it.  No more private bathroom time for us.  Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails