Friday, July 24, 2015

Happy Birthday, America!

For the 4th of July festivities this year, we renewed an old tradition of going to a good old American baseball game at the Carolina Mudcats in nearby Zebulon.  Before Eddie and I got married, we would attend games here on the 4th with friends from my Dad's old church.  Now that we are back in the area, it only felt right to try to renew this tradition so we arranged to get tickets with some of our dearest old church friends.  It was still pretty hot and humid with threats of rain, but most of the rain missed us and the game was on with fireworks afterwards.  It was so fun catching up with these wonderful old friends, and I hope we can continue this tradition and see lots more of them.

First up, some red, white and blue family pictures were in order.

 photo Independence1_zpsvvyxr8qy.jpg

 photo Independence2_zpso5x4sqxa.jpg
I love these boys! 

 photo Independence3_zpsij7sazoa.jpg
I loved Brody's face here.  He looked like he was looking so lovingly at Evan.  I think he was actually looking at the dog who kept trying to photo bomb the picture.  

 photo Independence4_zpsk3nbrsjq.jpg

 photo Independence5_zpswbtxvxqj.jpg
The best we could get. 
TAKE US OUT TO THE BALLGAME

 photo Independence19_zpsj5tcfxav.jpg

TAKE US OUT TO THE CROWD

 photo Independence6_zpsj9wv7kh4.jpg

BUY US SOME PEANUTS

 photo Independence8_zps9tthrrzm.jpg

AND CRACKER JACKS!

 photo Independence7_zpsnhr2q7ky.jpg
{Mattox and I with my dear old friend, Amanda}

WE DON'T CARE

 photo Independence22_zpsmtibgxqt.jpg
{And with her sweet little man, Brantley}

IF WE 

 photo Independence21_zpsulizkdwd.jpg
{Amanda's dear parents, Barbara and Ricky, who are like another set of parents to me}

NEVER

 photo Independence23_zpsukzyiepi.jpg
{We put all the boys together.}
GET BACK!

 photo Independence20_zpsp12vivul.jpg
{Brantley and his mommy enjoyed some ice cream.}
LET ME ROOT, ROOT, ROOT

 photo Independence10_zps8f8rcsmt.jpg

FOR THE HOME TEAM!

 photo Independence9_zpsd2y33x49.jpg

IF THEY DON'T WIN IT'S A SHAME! (and they didn't, of course)

 photo Independence12_zpscradqdxl.jpg

FOR IT'S ONE, TWO, THREE STRIKES,
YOU'RE OUT

 photo Independence13_zpsalnobcfo.jpg

AT THE OLD BALL GAME! 

 photo Independence11_zpsfxelcprq.jpg

 photo Independence14_zps1kbkj6nx.jpg

 photo PhotoGrid_1436068020837_zpshkiybpa3.jpg
My favorite song that I love to hear during the fireworks show!  I remember loving when this song would come on the radio when I was a very small child living in Indiana with my Uncle and Aunt.  While I am not always proud of my country these days, I am still proud of what our country has historically stood for.   
 photo Independence16_zps4vdjs5sc.jpg
{Brody loved his little light wand he picked out at the Dollar Store.}

 photo Independence17_zpsnvulummk.jpg

 photo Independence18_zps4mhvywxe.jpg
{Love his little face watching the fireworks.}

 photo Independence15_zpswmdvfvu3.jpg
And a beautiful finale! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this whole post Sherry, especially your red, white, and blue family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family pictures came out awesome! I am so relieved for you (and for me too!) that we got good ones this year. I loved all of your clothes and they looked fabulous all together. I am also so impressed by your photo grid of fireworks. Impressive stuff! We didn't go to any baseball games at all this year. I'd like to do some spring training games this spring. We have so many teams that train here.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails