Thursday, June 18, 2015

Blogging Vacation

I thought I would just briefly write a post explaining my blogging absence this week.   Our little family has been on the first leg of our little state tour where we are traveling with Eddie for his work.   He has been busy teaching some of our state's teachers about forestry all week so the boys and I have been exploring.   We explored the beautiful and historical  town of New Bern, North Carolina.   Seriously, this town celebrated its 300th birthday in 2010!  Lots of history for this history lover!   We have seen old friends, toured a palace, and even learned to geocache!  Needless to say, it will take me a while to blog about all of our experiences.  Tonight, we took Mattox to the beach for the first time, and tomorrow we will travel up the beautiful Outer Banks to Hatteras National Seashore to see the amazing Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and then to Roanoke Island and Manteo, the site of the very first colonial settlement in the New World.   I have so much to show the boys.   On Sunday, we will be on the opposite end of the state in the mountains around beautiful Asheville, NC.   We have tickets to see Biltmore Estate (Daddy and kids are free for Father's Day which is also our big 12 year anniversary)!  I did not bring my computer on this part of the trip so it may take me a little time to get caught up on reading and posting, but don't give up on me.   I will try to post regularly on Instagram if you want to check in on us.  

These painted bears were spotted all over New Bern.   They were placed to commemorate the 300th birthday in 2010.  We were on a bear hunt! 

Me and my dear old friend Regina.   She is one of my closest friends from high school.   My boys loved her son, Cooper.  

These boys enjoyed learning to geocache.   Treasure hunting! 

This is a screen shot from my camera of me and Brody and Mattox at Tryon Palace.   Evan was the cameraman! 
Stay tuned!  Lots more to come!  Hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are having a good break and I can't wait to read about all of your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since I'm like a month late I didn't even realize you took a blogging vacation. That's fine with me, hopefully it means there are fewer posts for me to catch up on. Ha ha!

    That bear is really cool. It actually reminds me of a huge gummy bear. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails