Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mattox's 2nd Month

 photo Mattox1_zpsywflnpkb.jpg
Taken Saturday, May 2, 2015
 photo Week 5_zpsgdtkr37k.jpg
Taken Tuesday, April 7, 2015
 photo Mattox3_zpswuj2jpse.jpg
Taken Tuesday, April 14, 2015
 photo Week 7_zpsqdba6yh8.jpg
Taken Tuesday, April 21, 2015
 photo Mattox5_zpsxt6topaf.jpg
Taken Friday, May 1, 2015 (My first one that I just couldn't get done on Tuesday.  It was a crazy week with Brody's birthday and a field trip with Evan.)  

Mattox's second month has been a little less chaotic and crazy than his first.  We finally figured out how to really make this baby smile this past week.  We haven't gotten the official laugh yet, and he continues to seem to resemble Evan more than Brody in looks and personality.  Evan was a pretty serious baby for the first few months of his life although once he started laughing and smiling, he became the silliest child.  Mattox likes to be tickled on his neck and under his arms.  He also likes for me to whisper and talk to him in his left ear (his good ear) and will coo and try to talk back.  Like both of his big brothers, he is also trying to grow up way too fast.  He first slept through the night at six weeks old and has been steadily doing so ever since.  He normally goes to sleep between 9:30 and 10:00 after a final feeding, and I usually have to wake up at 4:30 to pump and then wake him up to feed him.  He goes back to sleep until we have to take Evan to school during the week at about 8:30.  He hates hates hates having a dirty diaper.  He will not wait to be changed and will let you know it!  He has also been nursing well and frequently during the day to make up for sleeping all night.  To keep up my supply, I have started taking an herbal supplement called Fenugreek which does seem to be helping.  We really hope to be able to continue breast feeding longer than we did with his brothers.  Unfortunately, our two month check up did reveal that Mattox is falling behind in the growth charts and is in the less than one percentile at just over 9 pounds.  I actually fed him after his initial weight check and then weighed him again and he weighed over 3 ounces more so he is definitely taking in a good amount of milk.  We are worried that he is suffering from some reflux issues because he has been spitting up more this month and also seems to be arching his back and wanting to suck on his paci more to possibly alleviate some of his stomach discomfort.  We are going to try some baby Zantac and possibly supplement a little formula in his diet to see if we can put on a few extra pounds this next month.  I just hate that he is having to battle these issues, but he does seem to be so much like his big brother Evan.  Evan didn't really fall off the growth chart until he was several months older though so we are a little more concerned about Mattox right now.  Mattox is just such a joy, and we know we are so lucky and blessed.  We just love this baby to pieces.  Please pray that he will start packing on those pounds soon!  

Weight:  9.09 pounds (after feeding, 9.45 pounds)
Height:  22.5 inches
 photo Mattox.collage1_zpsy0phvhhf.jpg
He is one cool little man!  
 photo Mattox.collage2_zpsoaybwbpu.jpg
Wearing one of Mommy's favorite outfits from Janie & Jack.  This was actually the first outfit she ever bought Evan when she first found out he was a boy.  Mattox got a special blanket with his name and birth date on it too. 
 photo Mattox.collage3_zpshrmqt1bn.jpg
Just too sweet and cute not to photograph. 

 photo Mattox.collage4_zpsobinfdhx.jpg

 photo Mattox.collage5_zpsbinfknne.jpg
Adorable faces
 photo Mattox.collage6_zpsounmohhm.jpg
Wearing his matching hat. 

 photo Mattox.collage7_zpsv1retff1.jpg
Since we have been going to many of big brothers' baseball games, we had to do a baseball photo shoot.  Even got a little smile in one of these. 
 photo Mattox.collage8_zpsbdtm3ctx.jpg

 photo Mattox.collage9_zpsl8vplmze.jpg
Pretty baby and future baseball player. 

 photo Mattox.collage10_zpskihbf839.jpg
Those little athletic shoe socks are the only socks we have that stay on.  

 photo Mattox.collage11_zpsdbg75dvc.jpg
Picture overload but I just love them all!
 photo Mattox.collage12_zpsrwria7tl.jpg
Dressing him like a big boy.  This little shirt was also one of my absolute favorites from Janie & Jack.  I just love the little Spot the dog applique that is so quintessentially little boy.  These Janie & Jack shirts are some of my favorites because they  are very well made and last forever so my boys can keep passing them down.  I am glad to get a little more use out of them. 
 photo Mattox.collage13_zpse1yhusnn.jpg
Yes, he holds his head up very well during tummy time.  He and Evan may be my small babies, but they are very strong. 
 photo Mattox6_zpsrunejknx.jpg
Some special daddy time when daddy gets home from work. 

 photo Mattox7_zpsqctulnuq.jpg

 photo Mattox8_zpscljckc4k.jpg
Brody enjoys helping feed his baby brother now.
 photo Mattox10_zps0q4xpbkf.jpg

 photo Mattox11_zpsagftd2lz.jpg

 photo Mattox12_zps6plfvlto.jpg

 photo Mattox13_zpsvimgawoz.jpg
Yes, he is but just for a little while. 
 photo Mattox14_zps2dqmbwo4.jpg
Big brother Evan feeding him. 
 photo Mattox15_zps7lrz2uqt.jpg

 photo Mattox16_zpsvkxh4yq6.jpg
Love these boys. 


 photo Mattox17_zpsxsps1dmo.jpg


 photo Mattox26_zpsz65krtla.jpg
He sleeps so well in his bassinet and enjoys hanging out in there some too.  He likes to look at the bright window. 

 photo Mattox48_zpsd98i9tny.jpg
Another Daddy's boy in the making. 

 photo Mattox49_zpsmldicbkc.jpg

 photo Daddys Boys Collage_zpserqpblg2.jpg
Daddy's two little mini-me's.
 photo Mattox50_zpsj431dc3b.jpg
I always love the way he looks cuddled up against me so I made Daddy take a picture.  He is just so little and snuggly. 

 photo Mattox51_zpsrexcnnqv.jpg
He is also super snuggly in this little outfit that was another of my favorite first outfits of Evan's.  It is the sweetest little cotton knit boutique sailor style outfit.  
 photo Mattox52_zpslbzvb7pn.jpg
It has these cute little sail boats on the front. 

 photo Mattox53_zps5p9x2z4v.jpg
And a cute little whale embroidered on the back of the collar. 

 photo Mattox55_zpsz6um6iy8.jpg
I just love the look of him from the back too with all of his pretty soft hair and his adorable little legs stretched out. 

 photo Mattox56_zpsvdoqeqwt.jpg

 photo Brothers.collage_zpssoivmdmr.jpg
I would be remiss if I did not do a comparison of all three boys. Evan and Mattox definitely look the most alike. 
 photo Brothers.collage2_zpsgltsxcgk.jpg
Sweet baby boys. I just love them all. 

5 comments:

  1. As I started reading this post and I scrolled down to the 2nd picture I thought you were right away putting a comparison picture of Evan. That second picture of Mattox is TOTALLY Evan. I did like a triple take.

    How can it possibly have been two months already? That is totally crazy. But yes, his second month was much more calm. Not moving across the state will help out a lot with that!

    OK. I have to say it. I know it goes against everything that we think as parents, but do you think that going 12 hours overnight is too long to go without nursing? I know you would hate to wake him up, but maybe you need to so he can get at least one nursing session in there overnight. It would help with your supply and hopefully help with his weight gain.

    Neither of my kids were great at weight gain and both of them had reflux (although it started with them a little later- like 4 months). The prilosec helped a lot, but also more frequent eating helped too. I always hated waking them up but I always did because I wouldn't let them go more than about 4 to 6 hours at night without nursing. And even then, that was at like 6-9 months. At this age they were still waking up to nurse every 2-4 hours. Oh the choices and deliberations of parenting! There is never an easy or right answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hate going through this again. I was kind of hoping for another Brody in this area. I know Spencer and Evan were a lot alike here. I do usually wake him up about 4 or so to nurse. He actually has been waking up about 2 the past couple of nights so I am okay with that. I really feel that he is getting an adequate amount of milk because he is pooping and peeing plenty. I know mostly it is just his genetics but I will do anything to get his weight up. We are starting the baby zantac so I hope that helps the reflux and he can keep down as much of his milk as possible. I am trying giving him a little formula after breastfeeding on both sides and he is drinking the full two ounce bottle after nursing so obviously he does want more. Hopefully, we will see progress in two weeks at next weight check.

      Delete
  2. We struggled with weight gain with Sam as well. He is still a lightweight kid. Just keep on keeping on and you will get through this. But I will add some prayers as well.

    And I love all the pictures! I can see how you couldn't cut any out. He is just such a sweetheart. It does make it hard to choose a favourite picture though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I love all of these pictures! Mattox couldn't look more like Evan. What a little cutie!

    I know this isn't your first rodeo, but I just wanted to throw this out there. =) When I nursed, I just nursed on one side per feeding. The theory is that, baby will get more of the hind milk which supposedly has more calories. Plus, it made nursing a little easier for both of us. I'm not one of those moms who could nurse anywhere. Thanks to being top heavy, I had to use lots of pillows to get baby positioned just right. (Although at home, I always did the reclining position or side lying and didn't have to worry about using a ton pillows.) Anyways, I don't know if that will help, but just thought I'd share what worked best for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! We think we have a decent schedule now, but it is funny how all babies are so different although Mattox is very much like Evan. Brody was such a different situation with never any worries about eating and weight gain and always in the 50th and higher percentiles. He never looked fat though and never had fat rolls, but he is just built thicker all over. We think we have gotten onto a really good schedule with Mattox for now and when we took him back for weight check two weeks after this one, he had put on over a pound and about 1 1/2 inches in length to weigh over 10 lbs. and 24 inches. He really does great nursing and very efficiently empties the breast. Pediatricians and lactation consultants recommend trying to nurse on both sides to keep them both producing more milk so I have been trying that this time although I didn't always do that with Evan and Brody. He isn't one of those babies that takes forever to nurse and does suck well. Perhaps his reflux is due a little bit to him drinking very fast actually. He has good days and bad days on spitting up, but we were happy with his weight gain at the last appointment that put him back into the 5th percentile. I also don't love nursing in public much, but it has been pretty necessary. I hate how top heavy I have been lately and seem to have gotten larger with each baby. It doesn't seem to make it too difficult to nurse though. I have never mastered the reclining or side lying positions, but the boppy pillow helps a lot with keeping him in position. I will keep you guys updated on his weight issues, but he is doing well for now. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails