Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Mother's Day is such a special day for me because it celebrates my favorite job in the world.  Since I do not have my mother to celebrate with now, I truly appreciate spending my day with the ones who made me a mother.  I definitely do not take this job lightly and consider raising my beautiful boys the most important job in the world.  Of course, it is also a lot of fun too!  My boys treated me to a nice Italian lunch at Carrabba's and then as usual on Sunday afternoon, we had some errands to run to prepare for the week ahead.  We did spend some time at home relaxing later in the evening.

 photo MothersDay1_zpsylzgke4p.jpg
Of course, we would be remiss if we did not take some pictures to commemorate Mattox's first Mother's Day.  Yes, you get a little sneak peek of his room which is now complete.  

 photo MothersDay2_zpsxsl8w7ph.jpg
At first Brody would not cooperate and come get in the picture. 

 photo MothersDay3_zpsg6a96cao.jpg
But he finally joined us so that I could get a picture with all four of my babies. 

 photo MothersDay5_zpskaislo3w.jpg
While I finished getting ready, my big boys helped take care of their little brother. 

 photo MothersDay6_zpsinaohe6v.jpg
Evan is just the best big brother. 

 photo MothersDay8_zpsqr0xwlpn.jpg
And since I am Brody's "teacher" for now (although I have really fallen down on the job lately), I had to help him make me a special Mother's Day card. 

 photo MothersDay9_zpsjk4pgos1.jpg
Evan made me this special card at school. 

 photo MothersDay10_zpsmhscgaso.jpg
Apparently, I am the best mom ever because I like to snuggle with my boys.  And yes, I am looking a little crazy in that picture.  I am not sure what was up with my crazy eyes.  Haha! 

 photo MothersDay7_zpshdjwtnnv.jpg
My mother's day gift from all of my boys.  Yes, I pretty much picked this out and sent it to Eddie to order.  I wasn't sure I even wanted one of these popular charm necklaces until I saw the way this one was done with the names engraved inside and the children's birthstones inside.  I love my children's birthstones.  Two aquamarines for Evan and Mattox, a diamond for Brody, and a purple alexandrite for Mattie.  Mattie is blessed to have two birthstones, the alexandrite and the pearl.  These charms are crystals representing the birthstone colors. 
I am just one blessed mama!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day. I love the necklace. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful necklace. I like it a lot better than the ones that have individual charms for each kid. I've just never been able to get on board with those. The little gemstones inside are really pretty.

    Eek, with the sneak peak of Mattox's room. I hope that is going to be your next post. The blue wall color looks really similar to the blue in Elliott's room.

    Also, I didn't notice your crazy eyes as much as your one piece jump suit. I'd like to see you in it sometime. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, I know some people can pull it off, but I know I would just look like a freak in a one piece jump suit. My mom actually made me some back when I was a kid (you know those lovely 80's styles we loved... Haha!).

      Delete
  3. I love your necklace. It's beautiful! And I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. I'm still waiting to celebrate mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails