Monday, February 9, 2015

Mattox ~ 36 Weeks

 photo Week36_zpsizsi2t5i.jpg
Taken Sunday, February 8, 2015

 photo Week36.1_zps1yc39lns.jpg


 photo Week36.2_zps28qivuvi.jpg



Oh my, we are down to less than 3 weeks to baby's scheduled arrival!  On top of that, I am still not 100% sure where we will be heading after we leave the hospital.  Let's hope we have a new home to go to and that Daddy can get all of that arranged this week while he is in Raleigh.  I am hoping the house he checks out this week may be our new home since it seems to be the best option for kids and dog.  And these weeks of being a single parent are getting old fast so I am looking forward to that ending soon as well.  We just have to get through the rest of the shortest month of the year hopefully!

Weight Gain:  Baby is growing great and starting to put on some adorable chunky baby fat.  I imagine he weighs around 6 lbs. now.   

Maternity Clothes:  Definitely.

Sleep:  Still just waking up mostly to turn from one side to the other.   Brody had a rough night on Saturday waking up throwing up several times.  Thankfully, Daddy was here to get him cleaned up, and he has had no more incidents since so it appears to have been a very short-lived stomach bug.  He will likely be sleeping with me in my bed again this week while Daddy is away.  Actually, Evan has been enjoying sleeping in our bed too.  I like having them close when we are home alone. 

Best Moment of this week: Mostly feeling how active our little man is and how nice the weather has been.  It feels like Spring!  I am a little sad that we may not have much of a winter this year, but I am excited about Spring and all the fun we will have outdoors.

Movement:  He's still pretty active although he sleeps a lot too.  He still does not like being poked on and gets pretty agitated during our 30 minute weekly NST sessions.  He worked himself up and got a mean case of the hiccups last week.  Silly boy!  Since he is head down and lower, he can make mommy a bit uncomfortable sometimes. 

Food cravings:  Nothing really and my appetite has slowed down a little since I have significantly less room for food.  I did enjoy satisfying my sweet tooth this weekend with a yummy and decadent chocolate ganache cupcake from a local bakery after a little early dinner date with an old Charlotte friend and co-worker.  It was so great catching up, and she always makes me laugh so much.  We also got our Valentine's box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts last night.  Not the healthiest weekend, but we just needed a little treat after a long week. 

Food Aversions: Nothing but reflux is still as bad as ever after eating and at night.  Milk and Zantac do still help some, but it can still be a real pain.   

What I miss:  I think what I miss most is the peace of mind that comes with pregnancies when you have never suffered a loss.  Most people really take that for granted. 

Gender:  Another adorable and quite spunky baby boy.  Should be lots of fun! 

Symptoms:  Mostly just tiredness and some heartburn/reflux.

What I'm looking forward to:  Meeting Mattox in less than 3 weeks, finding our new home and getting settled, and just holding our sweet little baby in our arms and hearing those first cries! 

7 comments:

  1. Where has the time gone? 36 weeks? Seriously? I think you are wearing a white shirt over a mint green shirt. Am I right? It's a really pretty color combination. I'm really into mint green right now. When I pair it with black in reminds me of mint chocolate chip.

    So, Krispy Kreme has Valentine's donuts? You know that Christmas was our first experience, so I am still a Krispy Kreme novice. We might just have to check that out. He he he.

    I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the stuff about the new house and, of course, about Mattox in the coming weeks. I hope you're up for blogging lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew, the next few weeks cannot pass quickly enough although they are going to be so busy. I will probably continue to be behind in my blogging. Sigh. But I will get caught up one of these days! I have been having a rough week getting a little case of a stomach bug going around. Brody had it on Saturday night so I think he kindly shared with me. Yes, please get some Valentine Krispy Kreme. And yes, I was wearing a long, stretchy mint colored tank under the shirt. The shirt is maternity but even most of those are getting pretty short these days. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, you sure have a lot going on! I can't believe Mattox will be here in 3 weeks!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less than two weeks! Yikes! I just wish we could finalize all of these moving plans so I know where I will be living when we leave the hospital. Sigh.

      Delete
  3. So exciting! Lots of changes for your family in the next few weeks! I was actually going to ask where you found that tank b/c I am in need of a few myself as my tops are getting shorter and shorter too! ;) Hope everyone is feeling better and that you were able to enjoy a few doughnuts yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am racking my brain trying to remember where I found those longer tanks, but I can't recall. Maybe H&M? They are not maternity but they are nice and long and stretchy so they work. I think I only have two like them so I would love some more even when I am not pregnant. Yes, it is going to be a crazy couple of weeks! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh Sherry! It's getting so close. I can't wait to hold sweet Mattox in my arms and celebrate him with you! I pray these last few weeks (well, days now!) go quickly and that you are feeling good. And I am always praying that God's arms will carry you through these last few days as you await with excitement, and no small amount of anxiety I am sure, the birth of Mattox. I love you friend.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails