Monday, May 23, 2011

Brody means Brother

When picking a name for our second little man, we wanted to pick a name that was special and just encompassed all the love we already felt for him.  I love to look up name meanings and origins.  When we picked Evan's name, we wanted a Welsh name because the Reeses are from Wales.  After I picked the name Evan and after he had arrived, I used Ancestry.com to do our family tree and found so much data on both of our families.  We traced the Reese family all the way back to the late 1600s when the first Reeses arrived from Wales and settled in Delaware.  The son of the Reese who brought the family here was actually named Evan, and he seemed to be the one who took the family to South Carolina.  For Brody, I just couldn't find another Welsh boy name that I really loved so I branched out to Irish and English names.  Eddie suggested that we use Brody because it is closely related to the Irish word for brother.  I picked Brody's middle name "Rowen" because it means "little red one" and I did kind of hope he might be another red head (I am not disappointed that he came out with dark hair because he is so gorgeous!).  I also liked that name since it was so similar to Eddie's mom's name. 

Now that I see how much Evan really loves his little brother, I could not think of another name more perfect than Brody.  I am sure that the friendship they will share as brothers will be the closest connection they have in the world, and I can't wait to see the relationship grow.  I love these boys!

Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails