Sunday, September 14, 2014

Our Rainbow

 photo announcement10_zps54df8d70.jpg


 photo announcement10_zps89c6be65.jpg


Our family has some big news to share!  We do want to celebrate this joyful news, but we also ask for your prayers during this time.

 photo announcement6_zpsc3e43b1c.jpg


We are expecting our sweet little rainbow baby to arrive by no later than March 8, 2015!  Thankfully, my doctor has assured me we will not have to go past our due date this time, and we will receive extra special care for the next 6 months.  We pray that God and our sweet little angel, Mattie, will be watching over us all in the coming months.

 photo announcement8_zpsf7aac85f.jpg
We got our first confirmation fairly early on July 5th.  I had actually been to a first appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist to discuss issues that might be related to my new hypothyroid condition.  I had recently changed my medication dosage the month before, and apparently, that had "done the trick."  Anyway, we were waiting for the results from the RE from the initial lab work, but I was "late" and since it was a long holiday weekend (the 4th of July), we tested at home and got these positives.  On Monday, the RE's office called to confirm the same news.  We are very thankful that we were seen by this RE because he followed me during the early weeks and gave us two ultrasounds to confirm everything was as it should be.  That was such a big relief!  


 photo announcement9_zpsbfe0d84d.jpg
Me on the day we tested.

 photo announcement5_zps0b61b84f.jpg
We captured these family announcement pictures during our beach photo session, and we also told the boys at this time when we handed them their chalkboards. 

 photo announcement2_zpsf0a734d0.jpg


 photo announcement4_zps5d9f01ed.jpg


 photo announcement7_zpsbe11a720.jpg


So for anyone who needs more details, I am currently 15 weeks along.  We hope to receive some good news soon from some testing that was performed and may even find out gender!  Thank you all for your support and prayers during this difficult year and for your prayers for our family in the coming months!

"For this child I prayed; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him:  Therefore also I have lent [him] to the Lord; as long as [he] liveth [he] shall be lent to the Lord."  
1 Samuel 1:27-28 
(While most people only speak of verse 27 in this scripture, I think verse 28 is just as important.  While we are beyond thankful that God has given us this blessed child, we also fully understand that it is important for us to give him or her to the Lord to be used for His glory!) 

 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

18 comments:

  1. Whoooo hoooo!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are glad the cat is finally out of the bag! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Will be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. I love that you peek back in every once in a while to offer your support. I still wish I could get a little peek at your cute family. How are the kiddos these days?

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! For the last couple of weeks, I have had a very strong feeling that you would be announcing news like this soon. I just knew it! I'm so excited for you all. Yaayyyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! It has been hard waiting but then again it was kind of hard to share as well. So many mixed feelings and so much anxiety. Sigh. Just taking it a day at a time.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!! I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tamara! Your prayers mean so much!

      Delete
  5. I am soooooooooo excited for you guys!!! I wish I was there to hug your sweet neck and kiss your sweet cheek! <3
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you came back to blog land in time to get the announcement! I needed your encouragement right now. I think God had a hand in that! ;-)

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh Sherry! I am so very behind on reading your blog, but I just saw that you had written a new post and when I saw the title I knew immediately what your big announcement was. This is such wonderful news. The pictures are wonderful. A very special way to make such a special announcement. I am going to do my best to get caught up on the rest of your posts, but there was no way I was going to miss commenting on this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to be a little sneaky with the placement of the pictures and the title for people who don't know what a "rainbow" is. You have picked up a little knowledge. ;-)

      Delete
  7. I am over the moon beyond happy for ya'll Sherry!!! I look forward to following this beautiful rainbow baby as he/she grows! Will pray everyday for ya'll!! <3! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy. I don't know why, but I haven't felt like sharing on Facebook yet. Glad you saw it on here for now! :-)

      Delete
  8. That's so awesome! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! It has been a weird time of mixed up feelings and anxiety. Just trying to enjoy each little milestone. :-)

      Delete
  9. There just aren't any words I can write to tell you how happy I am to read this! I just can't stop crying. God bless you lovely lady and your sweet family. I'm praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly! I am just going to try to enjoy each little milestone and try to fight off the anxiety that I can never fully be rid of that tries to steal our joy. I have done a few things differently that have helped give a little extra peace of mind.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails