Thursday, September 11, 2014

Brody's Last Summer Adventure

After Evan started back to school, Brody and I had some one on one time to enjoy.  I had been planning and promising him a ride on our city's commuter train all summer so we decided to make this our last summer outing before he started back to school.  He was very excited.  The train stops right beside of the children's library, Imaginon, in uptown so we planned to spend a little time there before meeting Daddy for lunch.

 photo summer1_zps33f5627e.jpg
Brody riding his city's choo choo train.

 photo summer2_zps98d4295f.jpg
Watching the other train out the window.

 photo summer3_zpsa052c9bd.jpg
Enjoying the view as we start to move.

 photo summer4_zps503bd235.jpg
We passed the arena where the Charlotte Hornets (our NBA basketball team formerly called the Bobcats) play.  We are happy to be the Hornets again as that is what they were when I was a kid.

 photo summer5_zps3a020664.jpg
Arriving at our destination.

 photo summer6_zps0c1717b8.jpg
A picture with the front of the train.  

 photo summer7_zps3b8156fe.jpg
Heading off to explore Imaginon again.  

 photo summer8_zps31706ce9.jpg
He knew right what he wanted to do and where to go.  He headed first to the little puppet show booth to put on a little show for me.  

 photo summer9_zpsee76cf05.jpg
Then, we visited the little fairy tale exhibit again that has been on display all summer. 

 photo summer10_zps874305ae.jpg
/Climbing the beanstalk is probably the most exciting part of the exhibit.

 photo summer11_zps530659e2.jpg
And going down the slide into the giant's castle.

 photo summer12_zps617015ca.jpg
Brody stopped to play the Beast's piano.

 photo summer13_zps7ffe5188.jpg
He still loved the little pretend trolley car modeled like the one our city has installed to try to boost the appeal of the uptown/downtown area.

 photo summer14_zpsc0be1510.jpg
Playing with his favorite furry friend, a puppy.

 photo summer15_zps31972ff7.jpg
We met Daddy at a barbecue place, Queen City Q, that boasts the best barbecue in the city.  I have to say, it was probably the best I have had in the Charlotte area although I still like Midwood Smokehouse too.

 photo summer16_zpsea074953.jpg
Brody saying goodbye to his city as we head toward home on the train.  He was so tired!

We arrived at the train station and our car in plenty of time to pick Evan up from school, but Brody fell asleep in the car so I just let him sleep and sat in the carpool line and waited for school to end.  We were second in line which is not likely to happen again.
 photo nametab_zps32a557cc.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I love when I get one on one time with my kiddos. Glad you guys were able to enjoy a fun, choo-choo of a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! If we ever get to come for a visit, I would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! And I echo what Tracy said, I want to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH. 2nd in line. The best I have ever done is like 4th or 5th.

    What a fun little outing for Brody. It's so nice to be able to do stuff like this with the younger sibling once the older is in school. It's what I like about the age difference in my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails