Sunday, April 1, 2018

Our Annual Spring Pictures 2018

I am so so so behind, but I couldn't resist getting our Spring pictures edited.  Spring is my favorite time of year, Easter is my favorite holiday, and our Spring family pictures are always my favorites.  I look forward to it so much, I start planning the kids' outfits a year in advance.  I bought them all matching shirts (will this be their last year of dressing alike?) on the end of season online sale at Janie & Jack.  It was just lucky they had all of their sizes in the same shirt.  Eddie and I usually just coordinate with something we already own and rarely get new clothes.  I guess that is pretty typical of parents with four young children.  Yesterday was just a gorgeous day down here in South Georgia so we decided after lunch to head into downtown Savannah and take pictures in the well-known Forsyth Park.  Earlier in the month, this is where the big St. Patrick's Day festivities occurred with the big fountain turning green.  This time, the grass and trees displayed the greenery instead of the water. It was really beautiful and so many people were soaking up the warm breeze and lounging in the soft green grass.  The kids loved running around and playing.  Our yard does not afford them much opportunity for rolling around in the grass.  There was even a wedding getting set up nearby, and I envied them just a little for the beautiful day and setting.  Although not every picture we took was "perfect," I cherish these memories we make together.




My arms are full just like my heart!

I love how much these boys love one another.

He is just too good to me. 

In front of the famous fountain. 

The baby just wanted to look at the water so I was trying to get his attention elsewhere. 

My middle boys are so special.  I think they will have a special bond in life.  Mattox just wants to do everything big brother does. 

Trying to get pictures of all four boys together is tricky.  

Mattox was not being very cooperative. 

Probably the best shots of all of them. 

But these are some of my favorites showing them doing their own things.  Evan just wants someone to wrestle with, but Brody and Mattox would rather pick flowers. 

My biggest boy.  He posed for the least amount of pictures, but they were good ones. 

Oh, the sweet faces of Brody. 

My little Ferdinand the bull picking flowers.  He may be the largest of our boys, but he is the sensitive type. 

Sweet baby Grayson has been enjoying his freedom lately as he explores the world on two feet. 

He really enjoyed "finding" Easter eggs this year. 

Carrying his basket and finding some eggs too.  

He likes standing up better than sitting. 


Oh my sweet Mattox.  Yes, he is exhibiting more of the characteristics of a rambunctious toddler and can get frustrated at little brother sometimes, but he is such a sweet boy with a precious heart. 

He got his big brother Brody's appreciation for flowers. 

He also likes to find Easter eggs. 

Daddy even took pictures of me alone which is extremely rare. 
And I always want our precious daughter Mattie in our family pictures.  She will grow right along with her brothers and would be almost 5 years old now.  

Just a few pictures to capture the beautiful park.  A late frost and colder than normal March killed the azaleas that had been blooming beautifully since early February.  Usually, there would be a ton of colorful azaleas all around the park.  

The mural of Savannah on the local Whole Foods depicts several Savannah icons, including the Forsyth Park fountain in the middle. 

3 comments:

  1. Sherry,

    Beautiful pictures of your family. Spring and Easter are my favorites too. I especially loved the picture of you with Grayson at the fountain.

    He is risen!
    ~Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! It's really green there.. .not so much here! We were freezing rain yesterday. Mother Nature's April Fool's Day Joke on us I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful family! What a gorgeous day for pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails