Monday, March 12, 2018

Celebrating Mattox's 3rd Birthday in NC

After Aunt Naomi's wedding, it was time to celebrate our little rainbow, Mattox.  Since we were already in NC with family, he was able to celebrate his birthday with lots of family. 




Mattox started his birthday waking up in a hotel room which is always a treat.  Big brother Brody made him a little birthday card.  
For dinner, we hit the local Pizza Inn because that is the happening place in town.  It was a late night and everyone was pretty tired from the events of the day, but we still had a good time. 

I wanted a little gold for his birthday since this is his "golden" birthday.  He was born on the 3rd of March and is 3 years old.  I bought him a big birthday hat that had gold trim and used gold plates for the cupcakes.  I was going to buy cupcakes, but Aunt Naomi had tons of leftovers from her wedding.  Since they were blue and white, they worked just as well. 

He loved his candles this year. 

He was able to blow them out himself, but he did have some help.  He would not leave his hat on if I didn't hold it on. 

Baby likes cake too! 

I found this little Polo shirt at TJ Maxx with 3 on it so it served as his birthday shirt. 

Lots of icing mustaches.  Sweet sweet boys! 

On Sunday, we celebrated a little more before we came home.   We ate lunch at Great-Grandpa's house and then enjoyed more cupcakes and present opening. 

He gets a little shy when everyone is singing to him. 

Daddy helped him blow out his candle. 

Cousin Grady helped him open his presents. I found the cutest little Beagle dog that talks and walks and is very hyperactive for a good price at TJ Maxx and got it for Grandma to give him.  He loves dogs so it was a hit. 

Little brother liked it too.  Great-Grandpa just enjoyed watching his little ones play. 

When we arrived home, his present from us had been delivered.  I had wanted to buy him the new Teddy Ruxpin at Christmas, but I am glad I waited until it dropped significantly in price.  I had a Teddy Ruxpin as a child that my brother had bought me with his own money.  Sadly, it never worked, but I never got rid of it and still loved it.   Mattox's does work and is a lot more high tech. 

Everyone enjoyed listening to Teddy talk and tell stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails