Friday, November 10, 2017

A Day in the Life

Yesterday, I participated in a little Instagram event to document a whole day in my life.  As it was a pretty regular day at home with the kids, I thought it was as good a day as any to document for posterity, and I thought it would be equally worthwhile to post it here. 

The big boys are up early eating breakfast.  Bus arrives at 6:39 am.  

7:30 a.m.:  This cutie joins me in my bed while I am waiting for coffee to brew.  The question is how long will he sleep.  And the answer...he just got up as I typed this.  Sigh. 

7:50 a.m.:  Apparently, it is diaper change time after big brother went in and woke him up.  Sigh.  Not the morning I hoped for.  Still no coffee!  

8:00 a.m.:  Setting out the toddler breakfast before I get to drink my coffee.  Bananas for the win! 

8:15 a.m.:  Feeding the baby while feeding myself because I may not get to eat otherwise.  Yes, he has gotten spilled on occasionally because he likes to grab things. 

Sometimes morning cartoons are the only way Mom gets anything done. Sesame Street still rocks! 

8:30 a.m.:  And this is why reading is so difficult these days.  Trying to finish the last few pages of this book that needs to go back to the school library while drinking my lukewarm coffee.  

Baby breakfast time (bananas and yogurt).  Someone is always eating in this house of all boys.  

Toddler diaper change time.  Yep, it was poop.  Aren't you glad I saved you from the sights and smells of that one?  Nope, we aren't potty trained yet and probably won't even really try until after the busy holiday season. 

10:30 a.m.:  I finally got my bed made!  To be honest this was kind of early because I was attempting to get us out of the house.  And now to start the day! 

Wearing the mommy attire of comfortable athletic wear but we are out of the house and headed to library storytime. 

Mattox made his cornucopia at library storytime.  He loves to use the glue stick.  We read books about Thanksgiving too.  We even read a Mickey Mouse book which is very appropriate since we will be celebrating with Mickey this year.  Yep, Disney World for Thanksgiving.  We must be crazy!  

My favorite time of day...lunch time!  Today is actually a chilly day in South Georgia so some nice warm chili with my homemade cornbread I made for our lifegroup feast the previous night was just the ticket.  Even though I enjoyed my friend's homemade chili the previous night, my favorite vegetarian chili topped with cheese was also very yummy.  

Grayson enjoyed his homemade mashed potatoes, peas, and chicken baby food. 

The afternoon is free play time as shown by the mess in the living room. 

The big boys are home from school, and they are already fighting.  Apparently, Brody dropped his book and made Evan go back and get it on their short walk from the bus stop.  

A chilly day is perfect for snuggling on the couch with a cozy blanket. 

This kid finally took a nap since he had been up since 7 a.m.  And since it rained, my oldest's football championship game was postponed until next week.  Sigh.  I was really looking forward to being finished with this football season.  I guess we now know the downside to being on a good team.  He has really had a fantastic season and made some awesome tackles as defensive cornerback which is a highly underrated position.  Looking forward to having an unexpected night in regardless. 

Dinner at home for a change thanks to a rain cancelled football championship and my husband's cooking.  I wish there were veggies, but beggars can't be choosers.  We were out of potatoes, and my husband doesn't eat anything green so pork chops with mac and cheese was the menu. 

Bathtime and cuddle time in Mommy's and Daddy's bed!  The best time of the day! 

Last post of the day:  About to put the last two kids in their beds and call it a day.  I was going to try to read, but my eyelids are getting heavy.  Goodnight all!  I hope you enjoyed the glimpse into our ordinary everyday lives.  

4 comments:

  1. I loved following your DITL on Instagram and I'm so glad you joined in. My life has been so crazy I feel like I haven't connected with my friends in awhile. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too. I feel so disconnected from people these days. I have really been in a funk. :-(

      Delete
  2. Love this post, and I love keeping up with you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love you. I hate that I can't seem to connect with you through your blog since my comments never seem to go through. I love reading and catching up on your life! I wish you would join Natasha and I on Instagram. :-)

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails