Thursday, October 5, 2017

Dear Papa









[Inspired by the movie and book The Shack.]

I know you are described as a father to the fatherless.  Will you also be a mother to the motherless?  I feel as if I have been denied the love of both.  I know I have been angry with you.  I wanted to blame someone for my loss and pain.  Being denied parents and then the daughter I wanted to know so desperately was just more than I could bear alone.  But I pushed you away again and again.  You sought me out.  Sometimes I did try to listen and to speak back to you, but the words would get all jumbled up.  I failed time and time again as my anger, sadness, and resentment kept me from seeing you.  I want to see you, walk with you, talk with you, and receive comfort from you.  I want to feel the peace of forgiveness and a clear mind.  I know you love me as I love my own children.  I want to sit and talk as father and child telling you everything in my heart.  But I am ashamed of so much in my heart.  My angry outbursts towards my precious husband and babies when I am really just angry at myself.  I feel like I have barely been treading water for years.  I am so tired of doing it alone.  I want to walk on water with you.  I want to cry all of my tears onto your shoulder and have you dry them all away.  I want to feel you loving me especially.  I know that you are good and that evil does not come from you.  I know that sin and death are not from you.  I know that you did not take Mattie from me but that she is alive and perfect and happy with you.  I want to be with you and her.  I want all of my children to know you and be with you.  You are my friend and my father! 

Love,
Your Daughter

4 comments:

  1. I love your transparency, and I love you. Praying comfort for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! Have you read or watched The Shack? I have watched it twice recently and can't get enough although it brings some heavy tears. So many movies have done that lately. Eddie and I also loved Miracles from Heaven and Collateral Beauty.

      Delete
  2. Thank for sharing this open and honest letter today Sherry. So often, when I am angry at God, I don't state it outright. Which is ridiculous because God already knows how I feel. I am praying peace and comfort over you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend, I can so relate. I love that God can handle of the ugly of our hearts. He knows what is in there already. I have been walking a similar path as well this last year. But, it was time to be honest with myself. I have been working on a post that I have been reluctant to share. But you have just encouraged me to do so. It goes along with what I am speaking on next week at a ladies meeting. I am praying for you and your family. Praying we can both finally move to the acceptance part of this grief journey.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails