Monday, May 16, 2016

Awesome April {2016}

We had some pretty awesome days in April with beautiful weather and gorgeous flowers blooming.  However, towards the end of the month it did start to rain more, and we have had some rough storms in the last couple of weeks.  Still, we made some more great memories together which is why we do what we do.

 photo April1_zpspdbisbso.jpg
After Brody's t-ball practice, these boys enjoyed playing on the playground while big brother Evan had practice.   Mattox adores Brody and is so happy when he is near.  When Brody would run off to play elsewhere, Mattox would look sad and would reach out for him with his little hands.  

 photo April2_zpscu07olri.jpg
Mattox is getting better at going down the slide by himself but still wants to climb more than slide.  He is a little mountain climber.  He may not be walking on his own yet, but he can climb up any structure.  

 photo April3_zpsnetn4nhl.jpg
Brody looks enormous on those little animal spring riders.  (I didn't know what to call those things until I just googled it.  Thanks, Google and Wikipedia!) 

 photo April4_zpspawyqtcm.jpg
I took this funny group of pictures one morning out of frustration for having to refold or pick up these blankets for the billionth time that morning.  Brody loves a blanket and has to have one wherever he is.  I have one on each couch, one on the chair in my room, and one on his big chair upstairs.  I didn't even take a picture of the one upstairs.  I just can't stand for them to be on the floor because I don't care how much I vacuum, there will always be Cocoa hair on them.  Sigh. 
 photo April5_zpsyl2fvac2.jpg
Some of Brody's artistic selfie portraiture. 

 photo April6_zps5fp4l7fe.jpg
This little dude learned to drive.  He loves a car!

 photo April7_zpshzlw2b5q.jpg
We met Daddy for lunch at a Chick-fil-a, and I had to let Brody play a little after lunch.  Mattox can't climb in their play area yet, but he loves standing at the slide waiting for big brother to come down.  He also wanted to crawl around, but that floor just makes me cringe.  Haha!

 photo April8_zpsfml2gc6i.jpg

 photo April9_zpsawbqsnri.jpg
They do play together a lot more these days.  Sometimes, I just let them hang out in my room on the floor while I sleep a little later or get some reading down. 

 photo April10_zpscsygugis.jpg
We also enjoyed playing outside quite a bit.  Brody has started riding Evan's old bike with training wheels more.  Evan loves shooting basketball.  Mattox loves his little car.  Sometimes, I just let him sit in it when we are outside with the boys.  

 photo April11_zpsuzhm0ccy.jpg
Brody and I worked on reading some -ed words with this funny book.  Then, he practiced writing the words.  We also made some of our words with play dough.  

 photo April12_zpstwnke9yz.jpg
I had to get a little weekly calendar on the refrigerator to organize our much busier weekly schedule this Spring.  Baseball practice and games is really taking up a lot of our free time.  We were lucky to get a break one week when it rained every day.  Baseball, Cub Scouts, and school will all be wrapping up in a few weeks so we will get a little break for the summer.  I just liked those pictures of Evan and Mattox hanging out in my room. 

 photo April13_zpsaotkl8w6.jpg
We finally bought new sand for the sandbox and introduced Mattox.  He seems to like it. 

 photo April14_zpsgqbbmsch.jpg
He also discovered the kitchen cabinets and likes to pull stuff out.  He also has developed a love for sweet tea and ice cream and learned to drink from a straw. 

 photo April15_zpst5mevv9w.jpg
Brody has been enjoying his second year of t-ball and is really hitting the ball well and running a lot faster this year.  

 photo April16_zpsgg163hpj.jpg
We visited Mommy's old church where she and Daddy got married and where Papa used to pastor.  Mommy's old friend, Derrick, and his family were there so we were happy our kids finally got to meet.  I have enjoyed watching Madalyn and Jason grow up on Facebook along with my kids.  It was a fun visit for our old church's annual barbecue chicken sale.  Yummy!

 photo April17_zpsaxjalhqd.jpg
I enjoyed this little gem of a book by Jodi Picoult although it had an unexpectedly sad ending similar to The Sixth Sense.  I did enjoy the interesting information about elephants and the interesting comparison of how elephants grieve when they lose children.  

 photo April18_zpsjettuuzc.jpg
On another visit to the park and playground, I lost sight of Brody for a moment.  When I found him, he was over by the edge of this pond with another kid yelling at the geese and ducks and throwing grass and things into the water.   This kid and his love of water is going to give me a heart attack one day.  

 photo April19_zps3miul6j2.jpg
On a big grocery shopping trip, these boys were in rare form.  Mattox was being fussy so we let him have a free little cupcake from the bakery.  It didn't really help, and he was a mess afterwards.  Sigh.  Evan was doing his Cam Newton dabbing and superhero pose. 

 photo April20_zpsaglqqo2y.jpg
Evan worked hard before Christmas and since to put his Lego sets back together after our move.  I wanted to photograph them all before they got messed up again.  I am running out of shelf space to put them on and want to create a better system for them.  He got the battleship and space shuttle with 18 wheeler transporter for Christmas.  Daddy put the hot air balloon together from Brody's k'nex set.  The other set is a Jurassic Park dinosaur research station where you capture the pterodactyl with a net.     
 photo April21_zpstun5ln0k.jpg
He has a very detailed castle with an evil wizard who has captured a princess and locked her in his tower.  There is also a fire breathing dragon and a catapult cart to attack the castle.  The golden dragon is Ninjago.  We built the little gas station from our more basic Lego set. 

 photo April22_zpsxfxe4aii.jpg
A gas tanker, go-cart, airplane and airport vehicles, police and fire helicopters, and some Star Wars sets. 

 photo April23_zpsrw2xp8z5.jpg
And they both got pirate sets for Christmas. 

 photo April24_zpsazydxkeh.jpg
This little cutie was working on his choo choo train. 

 photo April25_zpsbfst78f2.jpg
This crazy kid wanted a snake balloon and a snake "tattoo" one night at kids' night.  Yikes.  The red balloon was supposed to be a heart, but it lost its shape. 

 photo April26_zpsocur5h4d.jpg
We drove up to the town of Wake Forest for a special rabies vaccination clinic our county was hosting so that Cocoa could get her shots.  The boys and I played at the playground while Daddy waited in the long line.  It was worth the $5 fee as opposed to a $100 vet bill. 

 photo April27_zpsdsjq8vti.jpg
These boys have so much fun together. 

 photo April28_zpshu0lzhx8.jpg
The local campus of our church is currently meeting at our high school until the new campus is completed.  The boys loved posing with the big expression rock painted for Earth Day that Sunday.  We also started Brody's birthday celebration early by going to lunch at his favorite pizza place, Brixx.  The boys love these chalkboards at the tables. 

 photo April29_zpsqubg8jnw.jpg
Evan drew a cool piranha and did his best piranha impression.  The boys fought a little for space at the chalkboard.  Mattox just patiently waited for his food. 

 photo April30_zpsd0qpaeq1.jpg
We had some pretty flowers in our yard this Spring.  I don't recall that big snowball bush producing like this last year, but I think we had some earlier heavy rains and windstorms that wrecked the delicate blossoms before they could produce.  We did enjoy a couple of weeks of pretty blooms before a big hail storm destroyed them this year.  My pots of flowers from last year actually had a couple of plants come back so I just bought a few more to add to them.  We also have some flowering rose bushes around the house adding pretty color.  I like that there are lots of flowers that don't really require any maintenance from me.  We also have a ton of pretty pink primroses that popped up all over our shrub beds in front of the house, and they have been very pretty.  Brody just loves the flowers and always wants to pick some.  We have started calling him Ferdinand the bull because he may be our biggest boy in size, but he is the gentle "giant" who just wants to sit and smell the flowers.  

 photo April31_zpsxjtjgcpb.jpg
I did get some snowball blossoms for my table that lasted a while.  I also read this Elin Hilderbrand book, and I must say it was crazy.  The truths were definitely crazier than the rumors about the characters.  It was a fun read though, and I could see enjoying these books while sitting on the beach. 

 photo April32_zpsatkw1fxt.jpg
Evan brought home this much anticipated art project of a hand sculpted and painted mask.  We celebrated Brody's actual birthday with breakfast at IHOP and a field trip to the State Farmer's Market. 

 photo April33_zpsi73dsjqv.jpg
And Mattox did even more driving.  Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Another busy month. And a vocabulary lesson too- animal spring riders. Who knew? I'd love to know what you actually put into google to find that. Ha!

    Oh my gosh, all the lego creations. I know the kids love them, but I can't stand all the little pieces. Spencer has so many of them and I just cringe.

    If it wouldn't cost so much to ship it I would totally make you your very own white board calendar. Although yours is totally functional. Why does this time of year get so busy!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice that you have been to read a little more lately. I always look forward to that part of my day.
    I love the "driving" pictures. Matt got a new (used) car and both kids can't wait until he gets home so they can act like they are driving it...lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails