Friday, March 11, 2016

SUYL: Introductions




It has been a while since I have really just blogged about who we are as a family.  Kelly's Korner is starting her Show Us Your Life series back, and I have found some of my very best blog friends (turned real life friends) through her blog so I wanted to participate again as we continue this blog journey of documenting our lives.  Our lives have changed so much over the years since I started this blog in 2009 as a way to document our life story.  It tells the story of love, loss, grief, and hope.  I hope you enjoy our story and will leave a comment so I can read yours.  Without further adieu, here we are:

Sherry:  wife to a sweet and handsome forester who stole my heart in 2000 and has never let it go; mom of three active and fun little boys and one sweet little girl who lives in heaven; law school graduate turned stay-at-home mom because my broken heart needed to be with my children during this important time in their lives; primary writer of this blog; Jesus lover and proud southern born American

Eddie:  wonderful and loving husband; forester working to protect and sustain our most valuable natural resource; loving father of three sweet, silly and fun little boys and one very special little angel girl in heaven; occasional blog writer; devoted follower of Christ

Evan:  our almost nine year old firstborn son who is just everything we could have ever hoped for in a son ~ a redheaded adventure-seeking lover of all sports; aspiring runner; caring and compassionate friend to everyone; intelligent; loving

Brody:  when I think of my sweet little second son who is almost 5 years old, I think of the cuddliest and cutest teddy bear.  He gives the biggest and best hugs and kisses, loves to cook and bake cookies and cakes for everyone he meets and aspires to be a gourmet chef someday.  He is my biggest helper and is always willing to lend a helping hand.  In the words of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "When [he] was good, [he] was very very good, but when [he] was bad, [he] was horrid."  Haha!  I'm just kidding, but he did inherit his mommy's fiery temper although he is the sweetest boy in the world.

Mattie:  Our long awaited little girl and namesake of her wonderful great-grandmother, arrived on a rainy June night in 2013 after Mommy went into labor naturally for the first time at 40 weeks 6 days.  Upon arrival at the hospital, our worst nightmare came true as we heard the words "there is no heartbeat."  Our beautiful and perfect angel came silently into the world, and she lives forever in our hearts.

Mattox:  Our sweet little "rainbow" baby finally arrived on March 3, 2015 after a long induced labor although when he finally decided to come, he shot out like a cannon.  Haha!  He has been a little fireball ever since and does not like to be still.  Although he has a hearing deficiency like his daddy in one ear, he hasn't let that slow him down.  He loves his big brothers, and he loves to eat.  He has really helped to heal our hearts and renew our hope for the future this past year, and we can't wait to see more of his personality develop in the coming months and years.

Thank you for stopping by to "meet" us, and we hope you will stay awhile!  Have a great day, ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I get to call you friend, both through the blog and IRL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I found your blog via Kelly's Show Us Your Life bloglink. I look forward to reading more about your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I know you! Just kidding. I was excited to see that Kelly was starting up Show Us Your Life again. So far I have not participated though. I need to check the schedule so I can be prepared.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails