Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Family Beach Pictures {2015}

So anyone who has been reading our blog long was probably thinking we forgot or didn't get a chance to get our traditional family beach pictures this year.  And I guess we almost didn't since we didn't get this one accomplished until October this year.  Thankfully, we were able to sneak a quick beach trip in before the cooler weather hit and so we have another year of these treasures.  I love seeing how our family has changed and grown through the years.  (See 2009, 20102011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.)

 photo family.collage_zps6ag12s5y.jpg



 photo family3_zpsyeqgohel.jpg


 photo family4_zpskyftsdoe.jpg

 photo family5_zpsfzpb1t8x.jpg

 photo family6_zpsd1ugkucr.jpg

 photo family7_zpsuiuyik2i.jpg

 photo family8_zpsze6q43z4.jpg

 photo family9_zpsqxfh4wbq.jpg
Awe, Evan is such a big big kid now and can hold his baby brother standing up. 

 photo family10_zpsjryjhgrx.jpg

 photo family11_zpstitrrkz5.jpg

 photo family12_zpslc4qafmu.jpg
I liked this one.  Looks like Mattox is pushing Brody away.  Haha!  He just likes to touch, and Brody didn't want him touching his head. 

 photo family13_zpsrqwm3hm4.jpg
My beautiful boys

 photo family14_zpsos0c2gaa.jpg
I just thought Brody looked funny holding his shorts up, and you can see his boo boo from his putt-putt injury. 

 photo family15_zps90cxvl1n.jpg
Getting his toes wet.  He loved the water this time. 

 photo family16_zpszd9l8bj0.jpg

 photo family17_zpsjpm20lzf.jpg
I know he doesn't look very happy, but the sun was really bright.  Plus, no one was close enough to make him laugh for these shots so he didn't know he was supposed to smile. 

 photo family18_zpsvnmpxrmg.jpg

 photo family19_zpsc0l3punh.jpg

 photo family20_zpszjnlbmv2.jpg

 photo family21_zpsroowdvjb.jpg

 photo family22_zpsmggbeqdp.jpg

 photo family23_zpszaysfykf.jpg

 photo family24.jp_zps72lq3are.jpg
Daddy told them to jump together.  They wouldn't bend their knees so they could get higher.  They were probably afraid they would fall in the water and that I would get mad at them for getting wet.  Haha! 

 photo family25_zpskzoikp5u.jpg

 photo family26_zpspuxd7gmq.jpg

 photo family27_zpsyte4h8xz.jpg

 photo family28_zpsukuz6zum.jpg

 photo family29_zpso08u1eje.jpg

 photo family30_zpsw5fnnjlg.jpg

Since 2013, I have struggled with how to capture the essence of our family with a very important part missing.  Taking these picture without Mattie just never seemed right.  She was supposed to be with us.  I recently saw a photographer add a shadow of a child to some family pictures to represent a lost child, and I knew I had to try to capture what our family pictures may look like with Mattie in them.

 photo Family.2013_zpsyaab0r2s.jpg
2013 - Baby Mattie was not quite 3 months old. 

 photo family.2014_zpsrhnkgfgr.jpg
2014 - Baby Mattie was a toddling little 13 to 14 month old. 

 photo Family2.jpg_zpsgmcpmkhl.png
2015 - Baby Mattie is now a beautiful little 2 year old princess. 

 photo Family1.jpg_zpsbrkegvlk.png
Me and all of my babies. 

7 comments:

  1. I would just like to say how beautiful and sexy you look in that dress. Makes a man feel truly blessed and also very unworthy! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is so sweet. I know Mattie would be proud of how great you all are doing. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures especially the ones with Mattie ❤ oh my friend I'm proud of you. I know your momma's heart aches for your princess. But the way you celebrate your baby girl and hold to your faith through something so hard. Sending you a big virtual hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pictures especially the ones with Mattie ❤ oh my friend I'm proud of you. I know your momma's heart aches for your princess. But the way you celebrate your baby girl and hold to your faith through something so hard. Sending you a big virtual hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the best clothes to wear for your pictures! Tell me your secret. I love the color of that dress. It's gorgeous. I love all of the pictures, but I think my favorite is the one of just you and Mattox where he is looking over your shoulder and you're looking into the sea. Even though I can't see your pretty face, it's a great image.

    LOVE the idea with the shadows. It's very moving and special. Have you tried printing one yet to see how it looks printed. I think it would be meaningful to print each one and keep them in an album together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress. And I love the pictures of you guys in the water, especially the walking one.

    And Sherry, those pictures with Mattie made me cry. I read that article when you posted it on Facebook and thought it was well done. These pictures are a treasure and made me cry. You are doing an amazing job of being Mattie's mother.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails