Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mattox's Newborn Pictures

Although we had some pictures taken by the hospital photographers, I have not gotten those back yet.  However, I do actually like these pictures that I took myself better than the hospital pictures.  With Brody, we were really lucky in getting pictures in the hospital that we really liked.  Our picture taking session with Mattox and his big brothers did not go as smoothly although we will still cherish those first pictures too.  Only one day after coming home from the hospital, we did the unthinkable and picked up and moved our whole family with our newborn baby across the state to our new home in the Raleigh area of North Carolina.  It was a crazy and hectic few days, but I could not let many days pass without trying to take some more pictures of our sweet baby boy.  They are only this little for a short time after all.  We got our house fairly settled the first week although we still needed to go back to Charlotte to get the last load of our things.  I really like that our bedroom in our new house is very light and bright with three windows to let a lot of natural light in so it really makes a great spot for some natural looking photography.  Here is what I was able to capture as my first attempt at newborn photography:

 photo Mattox.collage1_zpsnvpfx1lm.jpg


 photo Mattox.collage2_zpsrjgyu2ut.jpg


 photo Mattox.collage4_zpsof1rwqtu.jpg


 photo Mattox.collage5_zpsnvemxlxi.jpg
I love this sweet shot that captures his little belly button stump before it fell off. 


 photo Mattox.collage6_zpsxbtsniwx.jpg
He was wrapped up and snuggling in a little white newborn wrap that I crocheted. 

 photo Mattox.collage8_zpss162lqif.jpg
Nothing sweeter than a newborn sleeping.

 photo Mattox.collage9_zps4is1pk5j.jpg




 photo Mattox.collage7_zpsmkbpg7jc.jpg


 photo Mattox.collage3_zpsxlklkzhc.jpg


 photo Mattox.collage10_zpsdeszj616.jpg
I love newborn baby feet!
 photo Mattox.collage.bw_zps9gba9ain.jpg

 photo Mattox.collage_zps2te6mv9y.jpg
I am thinking of framing some of these pictures like this to match his big brothers' baby portraits that were taken by professional photographers.  We will likely get new family portraits taken when Mattox is about 3 months old because I  like getting the best of both newborn and older baby smile pictures.  That is what worked best for Evan and Brody.  
 photo Evan.collage_zpsq0zm279q.jpg photo Brody.collage_zpshhlk4wtq.jpg
Evan's and Brody's baby portrait collages. 

5 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing! You are an awesome photographer. And I have to say, Mattox is soooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out great! Seriously. The angles and the lighting look completely professional. I am impressed. The light blanket was a great idea. It gives the pictures just enough texture to make them interesting, but it's not overwhelming. Really, really good job Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!!! And I love that I can now picture where all of this is happening :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, you all seriously did a GREAT job of settling into your new house in such a short time.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails