Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mattox ~ 30 Weeks

 photo Week30_zpsf7cca314.jpg
Taken Sunday, December 28, 2014
So yes, technically we will be 31 weeks tomorrow.  We are over three quarters of the way through this pregnancy and are so excited although the next two months hold so many unknowns.  We did get some assurance and a good plan in place at my doctor's appointment this week so we are very thankful for that.  We are getting scheduled to induce at 39 weeks on Sunday, March 1, 2015!  The doctor I saw this week will be the doctor on duty that day, and I really liked her.  She came in and was just so friendly and kind right from the start.  When I told her about our pending move and the anxiety of moving around the time the baby is due, she was so understanding.  She pulled out the calendar that this practice already had available to see who was the doctor on call the day I would be 39 weeks, and we were so glad it was her along with a midwife in the practice.  She did not hesitate to tell us she would plan and schedule my induction for that day even with it being on a weekend.  She also told me that she had recently delivered a baby for a woman who she had delivered previously with a stillbirth and that it was so special for her to get to be there.  She just got it.  Anyway, I will also be starting to go in twice a week for NST checks starting at 32 weeks.  Our main concern now is that Daddy will be in transition with his new job and will likely be working most of the week over three hours from home and will probably spend some nights there to avoid so much driving.  We just do not think it will be feasible to get fully relocated until after Mattox is here safely.  So for the next 8 weeks, things may get a little crazy around here.  I will likely have to take Brody with me to many of the NST checks by myself.

Weight Gain:  Baby is growing great and starting to put on some adorable chunky baby fat.  

Maternity Clothes:  Definitely.

Sleep:  Waking up more often to use the bathroom and to turn from one side to the other.   Also, a certain little boy likes to come into our bed several times a night.  All of this is making me a very tired mommy during the daytime.  Brody and I have been resting a lot during the day.  

Best Moment of this week: We went for our 30 week check up and a separate non-medical 3D/4D ultrasound yesterday so we loved watching Baby Mattox showing off.  He was so active although he acted very sleepy.  He was rubbing his eyes with his little fists and yawning a lot.  He and Brody must be on the same nap schedule in the afternoons after eating lunch because Brody fell asleep during the 30 minute ultrasound session.  Getting these special ultrasounds is a very special tradition for us, and I love the pictures of all of my little ones during this special time.  

Movement:  He's getting more active, and he turned head down this week which gave mommy some major discomfort. 

Food cravings:  Now that the holidays are over, I am hoping to get back on a healthier eating track.  

Food Aversions: Nothing.  I seem to like it all although everything gives me some heartburn or reflux.  Nothing some milk or a Zantac can't handle though.   

What I miss:  I think what I miss most is the peace of mind that comes with pregnancies when you have never suffered a loss.  Most people really take that for granted. 

Gender:  Another adorable and quite spunky baby boy.  Should be lots of fun! 

Symptoms:  Still mostly hunger, tiredness, and some light heartburn/reflux.

What I'm looking forward to:  Meeting Mattox in 8 more weeks, finding our new home and getting settled, finishing the blanket I am crocheting for you in time for your arrival, and just holding our sweet little baby in our arms and hearing those first cries! 

And now for the adorable 30 week ultrasound pictures:

 photo Mattox8_zpsc6a7a10a.jpg


 photo Mattox7_zps2e62a06c.jpg
Sweet little face

 photo Mattox9_zpse7a892b8.jpg

 photo Mattox10_zps92379805.jpg


 photo Mattox11_zps28904d88.jpg


 photo Mattox12_zpsdfc153f7.jpg


 photo Mattox13_zpsaa25e8fd.jpg
Cute little profile and ear.  He was "snuggling" against his placenta which is still in the front and lower although high enough to be away from the cervix thank goodness. 

 photo Mattox14_zps9f55ac24.jpg
Yep, I am in love with that face already! 

 photo Mattox3_zps7ecf69cb.jpg


 photo Mattox1_zps84d71eca.jpg
All balled up.  He would stretch out and then ball up again. 

 photo Mattox4_zps00b773e8.jpg
He tried to turn over and hide and gave us the "cold shoulder."  Obviously, he wanted to be left alone. 

 photo Mattox5_zpsb307d4ef.jpg
Sweet little body. 

 photo Mattox6_zps92b2cdd4.jpg
Rubbing his sleepy little eyes with his fist.  

 photo ultrasoundcollage_zps16b1c2a7.jpg
I just love these babies! 

4 comments:

  1. What a special time! I can't imagine having to think about adding another little one to the family and moving all at the same time! However, it sounds like you have a plan in place. :) Glad things are going well and I will continue to pray they do. :) Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting that you have a birth plan and a birth date! Whooo hooo!!! And what an amazing doctor who sounds like she "gets it."

    It sounds like you are going to be pretty busy in March :) Also, Mattox is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so glad that you have a doctor that you feel comfortable with. That can make such a difference. How awesome that she "gets" it. I love the little graph with all 4 babies at the bottom. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is adorable! Ethan loved to cuddle up to the placenta too. :) I'm excited for your family, and continuing to pray for a healthy momma and baby!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails