Thursday, January 23, 2014

Preschool Birthday Parties

Last month was such a busy month.  Brody went to two birthday parties for his school friends, but I never got around to posting pictures.  Both parties were at My Gym (different locations).  Apparently, this is the place to go for preschool parties.  Haha!  I have never done a My Gym party though, but we have been to many.  Brody really seemed to enjoy himself more, and Evan even joined the fun at the second party.  It has been so long ago, I can't even remember what he and Daddy did while we were at the first party.  I think they went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.  The first party was for Madeline whose mother is teaching her and her older siblings french from a very young age.  I love hearing her talk to them.  Madeline is obviously very decisive and wanted to wear her pink leotard and tutu and have a pink princess cake.  I guess girls really know what they want at 3 years old!

 photo party4_zps258939da.jpg
We enjoyed a little snack before play time at this party. 

 photo party5_zps34dd0aa1.jpg
Brody seemed to enjoy this location a lot, and I think he liked that there were less kids. 

 photo party2_zps30c9756a.jpg
Just enjoying a few goldfish and waiting for cake. 

 photo party1_zps46c2342f.jpg
Madeline sitting with her older sister and brother. 

 photo party3_zps67557cbf.jpg
The sweet little cake her mom made.  She added some fluffy pink cotton candy for the dress. 

 photo party6_zps5224bed8.jpg
Blowing out her candles. 

 photo party7_zps13dcad27.jpg
Sweet boy.  He isn't a big cake fan, but he did seem to enjoy this strawberry cake and icing. 

 photo party8_zps9394eafd.jpg
He really loved the ball pit. 

 photo party9_zpsddbc1c75.jpg
This party was on Sunday afternoon so Brody was dressed in his church clothes. 

 photo party10_zps3de92781.jpg
Happy boy. 

 photo party11_zps7dd7f368.jpg
He was feeling adventurous and tried all the little obstacle courses. 

 photo party12_zps3241863b.jpg
Coming through the tunnel and had to walk the plank. 

 photo party13_zpsf43df357.jpg
He did it!

 photo party14_zpsf2f2ad72.jpg
Walking the little bridge to the ball pit. 

 photo party15_zps5a6f123c.jpg
Big smiles!

 photo party16_zps6396570d.jpg
Mommy catching him as he emerged from the tunnel. 

 photo party17_zpsb771ec58.jpg
Having a jumping good time with his buddy, Sammy. 

 photo party18_zpse5a171e0.jpg
Working his way through the little maze.

 photo party19_zpsf86f919c.jpg
Trying to get all the kids to pose for a picture with the birthday girl in the ball pit. 

 photo party20_zps55642040.jpg
Brody was in a picture taking mood. 

 photo party21_zpsc0a6efd5.jpg
He loves when I roll him around in the little barrel. 

 photo party22_zpsc1d551d5.jpg
He decided this looked like a nice place for a rest. 

 photo party23_zps36c63047.jpg
And he started a trend. 

 photo party24_zps2e6dbde3.jpg
He even zoomed across the zipline. 

 photo party25_zps16e33be2.jpg
And loved the always popular alligator puppet story. 

 photo party26_zps0f81a3d5.jpg
What a fun afternoon!

 photo party27_zps5c4c0fdc.jpg
And then it was nap time!
The second party was for a little man named Miles who loves Cars.  This party felt like a little kick off to Christmas party and was a chance for our boys to let loose a little after a stressful day of shopping with Mommy.

 photo party28_zpsab1589ff.jpg
There were quite a few kids at this party, and Brody was feeling more shy.  

 photo party29_zpsad06609a.jpg
He did like having big brother with him. 

 photo party30_zps31228f5a.jpg
I thought he would do the zipline again, but he was not in the mood. 

 photo party31_zpsfa2d8372.jpg
He had to be coaxed to do this "sledding" obstacle.  

 photo party32_zps26bc7f4d.jpg
Sledding into the balls. 

 photo party33_zps4a200c24.jpg
Big brother encouraging him at the end. 

 photo party34_zpsa002d052.jpg
I let Evan get in on the fun although he was older than the other kids because he is good about being gentle with little ones. 

 photo party35_zpsd5466be0.jpg
Still happiest in the balls. 

 photo party36_zps2e7d66a0.jpg
Having a little snack and taking a break. 

 photo party37_zpsed865529.jpg
Singing happy birthday to Miles. 

 photo party38_zpsfbc34443.jpg
Evan showed Brody how to do the zipline (still making up for not doing this when he was younger...haha!). 
I am thankful January has been a slower month with less events so that I can finally get these last posts finished.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun place...and some good nap-inducing activities....lol! : ) So cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this is a great way to wear out a toddler...and a mom too! ;-)

      Delete
  2. How fun! I really wish that we had a My Gym here. It looks like a blast. Your boys looked like they both had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you probably have similar options. I have never actually joined any of these establishments so we really only go for the parties.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a really fun place! I was going to comment that Brody was looking quite smart in the pictures from the first party :) I'm glad you were having a quieter month and that you had a chance to write this post. I'm guessing you are praying for some quiet now. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some ways, it was quieter. More so in the beginning of the month. Things started getting a little crazy about mid-way through. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. We started My Gym classes with Spencer when he was 20 months old. We went to 1-2 classes AND a free play every single week until he was 3.5. Then we did free plays every week until Elliott was born. I have spent a loooooooot of time at My Gym. I still get a kick out of the fact that all My Gyms, not matter where they are, have the exact same equipment. We are still members (it's a one time fee) but the owners and teachers have changed and aren't as good, so we're not taking Elliott to classes. I wouldn't mind a birthday party, especially if they were as fun as these parties looked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think I remember you posting a similar comment on a previous My Gym post which was almost identical to this post. My Gym classes, birthday parties, etc. are pretty much all about the same. I have enjoyed seeing Brody's abilities improve though in the past year and how much more he enjoys the activities now. We have several My Gyms within just a few miles of us, and they are all pretty much the same with only minor differences in set up. I think most of the preschool parents pick these places for parties because they are easy and you can invite a lot of kids without having to pay a lot more.

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails