Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mattie Claire ~ 1 Month

So one of the things I will miss is documenting my sweet baby girl's milestones.  I am trying to decide how to commemorate those milestones when she is in heaven so far away from me.  Since I cannot share pictures of her first month, I thought I would share some from Evan's and Brody's first month so we can see a little of what she would look like and be doing.

Evan's First Month

 photo Evan1month.jpg
You can read all about Evan's first month here


Brody's First Month

 photo Week4.jpg
You can read all about Brody's first month here


Mattie,

For your first month, we would have enjoyed welcoming you home and showing you where you would live.  It is sad to think you never got to see your home and your room and your yard and all the fun places we would have visited.  While we didn't get a stork sign for the yard, the nice people that make them gave us the little keepsake bundle with your birth stats on it, and it hangs on the door to your room.  You never got to ride in the car or sit in your swing or sleep in your bassinet in Mommy and Daddy's room or get to lay on your changing table and look at the pretty bunny mobile Mommy made for you.  You didn't get to visit your doctor for your first check up to see how much you had grown.  You didn't get to enjoy your daddy holding you and rocking you and singing to you.  He is wonderful at that job!  You didn't get to go to church with us the first time.  You didn't get to enjoy your first bath...I am sure your brothers would have loved to help bathe you!  You didn't get to try on lots of your cute little outfits and deal with Mommy taking a gazillion pictures of you.  Although you weren't here to go on countless outings with us, you were always with us in our hearts.  We love you sweet girl and wish you a very happy one month birthday!

Love,
Mommy, Daddy, Evan & Brody

 photo namebutton_zps1d38d77c.jpg

8 comments:

  1. It pales in comparison to your pain and loss, but I was really looking forward to reading all about Mattie's milestones. I knew that there would be a post about every single thing you mentioned here since we are both such documenters of events. I am glad that you noted what would have been her 1 month birthday. I was thinking about you all day yesterday and sending positive energy across the country.

    Oh, and Evan and Brody at a month.....could they be any cuter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie! Yes, you know me very well and know how I love to document all those milestones!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's already been a month. Still holding you all up in prayer. I've been thinking about you all month Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha! Yes, I think it was a blessing that the month of July went so fast although I am sad that the summer is slipping away from us. It is sad to think of all the things she is missing and all the things she should be doing with us.

      Delete
  3. I was looking forward to learning all about Mattie too. I pray for your family often. Evan & Brody are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! You are so sweet, and I am so thankful for your kindness and prayers.

      Delete
  4. I think about you so often. My heart aches for you. I'm praying for you and your sweet family. I think it is wonderful that you are celebrating her! I love and loved celebrating Hope, even if it is painful. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I know you understand that there is comfort in remembering and not forgetting those we have lost and in the hope of seeing them again one day. Love and prayers to you too, friend!

      Delete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails