Friday, February 22, 2013

SUYL: How We Do Family Pictures

When I saw my blog friend, Natasha, do a post for this Show Us Your Life link up with Kelly, I just knew I had to share some of our favorite family photography.  We have done a few special professional photography sessions with a photographer we love in our area, but mostly, we prefer to do our own family photography.  We can choose the perfect moments to capture when our children are "at their best."  If you are a parent, you know exactly what I mean!  Here are some of our favorites:

NEW BABY PHOTOGRAPHY

 photo portrait2.jpg
The first professional family picture when Evan was about 3 months old. 

 photo portraitjpg.jpg
Our second professional family photography after moving to Charlotte when Evan was about 6 months old.  Hard to tell in this one that he is a lot older.  I should scan in more of these beautiful photos because this one does not do them justice.  We got a whole book of pictures of Evan and did the same for Brody.

 photo portrait_zpsaad80b15.jpg
Our family portrait as a family of 4. 

 photo mom6.jpg
New baby family picture with Brody ~ 2011

 photo Evan36.jpg
A shot of us at my Dad's church.  I think it was for Memorial Day.

EASTER/SPRING PHOTOGRAPHY


 photo portrait351.jpg
Easter 2009 ~ We always always take family pictures at Easter.  It is my favorite holiday!
 photo easter27.jpg
Easter 2010

 photo easter34.jpg
Easter 2011
 photo Easter45.jpg
Easter 2012
BEACH PHOTOGRAPHY

 photo vacation213.jpg
2009 - Beach Photography is another favorite of ours.  
 photo family2.jpg
Beach 2010

 photo family1.jpg
Beach 2010

 photo beach26.jpg
Beach 2011
 photo photography13.jpg
Beach 2012

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm hopping over from Kelly's blog. I follow Natasha's too! Great pictures. We are going to the beach this summer and your poses gave me some ideas. Have a great weeekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Tracy! I am glad I could "inspire" you a little. Natasha is a great blog friend! Hope it isn't a rainy weekend where you are like it is here, but we are just taking it easy and relaxing around the house!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that Beach 2010 picture. And I can't wait (!!!) to see Beach 2013 with little Mattie -- if you're planning a beach trip with her already :)


    These are beautiful photos Sherry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Beach 2013 is actually already booked for August...early booking discount! Definitely something to look forward to! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Sherry! Your boys are precious...and congratulations on your first baby girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rebecca! Hope you are enjoying your rainy weekend here in the Queen City! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures with the boys dressed alike (even Daddy)! I can't wait to start shopping for matching outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, dressing them up alike is fun. Daddy enjoys it the most I think. They usually "coordinate" more than being perfectly matched. Eddie will often try to coordinate his and the kids' outfits for church and the like based on what I'm wearing. He's silly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute pics!! Love the beach and Easter ones! We are going to the beach in April and I'm hoping J and I get some of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe love it! It's sooo fun to look at these!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails