Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our Wedding

Just a month after Sherry graduated from college, they said "I do."  It was just a sweet and simple affair at Sherry's dad's church with him performing the ceremony.  Sherry did not carry a traditional bouquet.  Instead, she chose to have a dozen individuals (family and friends) who had influenced her life and helped make her who she was hand her a long stemmed white rose as she proceeded down the aisle.  She was so nervous about that walk, but she somehow made it as she kept her eyes on that sweet and loving face waiting for her.  Her friend, April, sang their beautiful wedding song:  "Valentine."  No, the wedding wasn't on Valentine's, but Eddie and Sherry just felt that the words of the song expressed their feelings for one another.

If there were no words
no way to speak
I would still hear you
If there were no tears
no way to feel inside
I'd still feel for you

And even if the sun refused to shine
even if romance ran out of rhyme
you would still have my heart until the end of time
you're all I need, my love, my Valentine.

All of my life
I have been waiting for
all you give to me
you've opened my eyes
and shown me how to love unselfishly

I've dreamed of this a thousand times before
in my dreams I couldn't love you more
I will give you my heart
until the end of time
you're all I need, my love, my Valentine

And even if the sun refused to shine
even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
'cause all I need is you, my Valentine.
You're all I need, my love, my Valentine!

Here are some pictures of our special day (We got married in 2003 before digital photography became popular so these scanned photos do not do our wedding photographer justice.  Our wedding album is exactly what we hoped it would be!):

The Bride





Getting readyfor a wedding is hard work.  I sat down for a rest and a water break and snuggles with my Jingles. 



The Groom


The Attendants



I loved this picture of Eddie's face as his Grandpa and groomsmen try to keep him out of the church.  Haha!  
The groom and his best man, Titus, who is his best friend and cousin. 

The Groom and the Minister/Father of the Bride before the ceremony.

Matron of Honor and Sister-in-law of the Bride getting into the Limo to go to the church. 

The Ceremony

The Official Kiss

Finally, husband and wife. 

Lighting the unity candle.  

Signing the marriage license.  It's legal! 
So happy after the wedding was over. 

A romantic kiss after the wedding and one of my favorite pictures of us. 

Another of my favorite pictures of us. 
The whole wedding party

The couple with the Bride's parents
The Bride and her father

The Bride and her mother

And with the Groom's Mother


The Bride and her brother

The Groom and his sister

The couple with the Groom's Grandmother and family.

The couple with the Groom's family. 


The Reception

The cake was made by a very dear and special friend of the Bride's family. 

Cutting the cake together. 

The Toast

Feeding the Bride can be dangerous.  She may bite! 

I tried to get a little on his face, but his mouth was too big.  Haha!

Drinking to a long and happy life together. 

Tossing the bouquet.  I had to redo the throw because the ceilings were so low, it hit the ceiling and fell back down to me. 

No one wanted to fight the groom's sister for the bouquet.  

Removing the garter.  He didn't seem to want to touch my leg.  Haha! 

Tossing the garter to his pals. 

Leaving the church as husband and wife. 

And getting into the limo to drive away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails