Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Our Little Monkey

Right before Brody was born, I found this cute little monkey hat on sale at Gymboree.  I already had some monkey onesies and thought this hat was perfect.  I also found some cute matching monkey socks, but unfortunately, I cannot locate those now.  One of my favorite little impromptu photography sessions with Brody at just a few days old was wearing this little set.  I could not resist doing a similar session with Mattox.  I wish I had similar pictures of Evan, but I was sadly not as good at photography eight years ago.  I just love this little monkey!

 photo monkey1_zps2qvwpzvi.jpg
He was not being cooperative at first and needed the paci to calm down.  He still looks cute though.  I was not going to use a paci at all, but this baby would never give me a break from nursing without it.  We only use it as a last resort though.  He is also staying awake for longer periods of time now. 

 photo monkey2_zpsxq8lxmif.jpg

 photo monkey3_zpsbflmxvgp.jpg


 photo monkey4_zpsiaprfugt.jpg


 photo monkey5_zpsst0ka0t6.jpg


 photo monkey6_zpsfeagqpx7.jpg
Finally, no paci!

 photo monkey7_zpsygelcjhg.jpg
A shy little smile.


 photo monkey8_zpsz7gr9f1t.jpg


 photo monkey9_zpskhlqo0yc.jpg


 photo monkey10_zps6kmio9sz.jpg


 photo monkey11_zpsa5l7uith.jpg
Mad monkey!


 photo monkey13_zpso4gtwowo.jpg


 photo monkey14_zpsw5yrggxk.jpg
Sleepy monkey!

 photo monkey12_zpsyzoachah.jpg
Perhaps he is telling us he is almost 1 month old!  Where did this month go?  He was exactly 4 weeks yesterday when these pictures were taken. 
 photo Monkey.comparison_zpstsgsujj6.jpg
And yes, I would be very remiss if I did not do at least one side-by-side comparison.  I do not even know who is cuter.  Brody was only 3 days old and was still a lot bigger than Mattox at 4 weeks old.  Mattox appears to have his big brother Evan's metabolism and burns through those calories. 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic photo session! Your photography skills really are getting better and better. All of the pictures are great but I really like the sleeping one, the yawning one and the almost 1 month old one. And I'm glad you included the crying one. I think it's important to capture and remember babies crying.

    I was a little afraid I was going to have to scold you for not doing a comparison collage. I'm relieved you came through at the last minute. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the non-stop nursing days....and now I can't get Clarice to slow down long enough...ha! :) She is crawling around a lot now.
    Cute pictures! Hope you are getting some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He really is a cute little monkey! I love his "I'm 1 (month old)!" finger picture. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails