Thursday, December 18, 2014

Week 27 & 28 & Ultrasound

 photo Week27_zps5e111335.jpg
Taken Sunday, December 7, 2014 (not sure the lighting from the Christmas tree really helps show my pretty large belly in this one)

 photo Week28_zpsc36fb0ee.jpg
Taken Sunday, December 14, 2014
Again, I am posting late for 28 weeks, but the wait was more intentional this time as I knew we had another sneak peek of baby at our appointment today.  We just loved seeing another cute little boy and really got a glimpse of his personality!

Weight Gain:  As I've said before, we won't mention the actual amount here for me, but baby appears to be growing right on track and weighing an estimated 2 lbs. 12 oz. which is about the 50th percentile.  

Maternity Clothes:  Definitely.

Sleep:  Waking up more often to use the bathroom and to turn from one side to the other.   Also, a certain little boy likes to come into our bed several times a night.  All of this is making me a very tired mommy during the daytime.  Brody and I have been resting a lot during the day.  

Best Moment of this week: Definitely seeing our cute and spunky little one today! 

Movement:  He's pretty active although he doesn't seem to move as much when mommy is really busy and active. 

Food cravings:  Too many sweet Christmas treats! 

Food Aversions: Nothing.  I seem to like it all although everything gives me some heartburn or reflux.  Nothing some milk or a Zantac can't handle though.   

What I miss:  I think what I miss most is the peace of mind that comes with pregnancies when you have never suffered a loss.  Most people really take that for granted. 

Gender:  Another adorable and quite spunky baby boy.  Should be lots of fun! 

Symptoms:  Still mostly hunger, tiredness, and some light heartburn/reflux.

What I'm looking forward to:  Celebrating Christmas with my little family, hopefully getting some more good news soon, finishing the blanket I am crocheting for you in time for your arrival, and just making it through the next few months safely and holding our sweet little baby in our arms and hearing those first cries! 

And now for the adorable 28 week pictures:

 photo Mattox1_zps6f1f4f8f.jpg
What a mouth!  Wide open!

 photo Mattox2_zpsb0302406.jpg
Flexing his muscles?  Making a fist in preparation for punching one of his big brothers in the nose? 

 photo Mattox3_zps11c4aaeb.jpg
Definitely appears to have Mommy and Brody's forehead. 

 photo Mattox4_zpscd746b4a.jpg
And I think that is a leg/foot up by his head.  All of my babies love being folded in half and curled into a tight ball.  I have a similar picture of Brody "kicking himself in the head."  

 photo Mattox5_zpsf5f1ca09.jpg
And this one says it all...Mr. Grumpy face!  He was tired of his photo shoot and ready to be left alone.  Silly boy better get used to picture taking! And yes, this face does look a lot like Mommy and big brother Brody.  

 photo Mattox6_zps4771e0e9.jpg
Then he just gave us the foot in the face dismissal. 

Mattox,

You definitely showed us you have quite a spunky little personality already, and we can't wait to meet you.  Brody loved getting to see his "Baby Mattox" and is so excited to help feed you and take care of you.  He has been practicing giving his teddy bear a bottle!  He loves babies and can't wait to have one of his own.  He still insists he is "mommy's baby" and, of course, he is right.  All 4 of you will always be mommy's babies.  We just pray that you will continue to grow healthy and strong and stay safe until you are here in our arms and, of course, long after! 

Love always, 
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. I love the ultrasound pictures. I was thinking he looked just like Evan until you mentioned that he had the same forehead as you and Brody. Now, I just don't know. lol. Karsyn was the only one that I had a 4D ultrasound with and she wouldn't participate. Silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ultrasound pictures are just so cool! You'll have to do a side by side comparison after he's born. I remember the ones we got of Elliott at like 19 weeks (and they weren't even as clear as these) he looked just like Spencer. It was weird! I think he looks like you and Brody. But then I see some Evan in there too.

    P.S. You're driving me nuts with this "hopefully getting some more good news soon" statement. You'd better let me in on this soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sherry -- I am still praying for you all everyday. I know you will breathe a HUGE sigh of relief when Mattox is safely in your arms and I pray he brings you joy and happiness every day.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love! Your comments make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails